Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:22 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
Is there a list somewhere of all of the builders/locations in the area? through searching I Find a lot but I have searched 20 times and each time come up with new builders. Would like to look into new homes and see if any would fit our needs/budget.

thanks
KB Homes in Ponderosa Ridge, and Shea, CalAtlantic, and Tri-Pointe in Whispering Pines. These are virtually in the same location off of Irish, just north of the Douglas County line. Probably the highest elevation in the area.

Richmond American is still building in Serenity Ridge, Southshore and Wheatlands. Some of these are cheaper entry-level homes. They are also building in Forest Trace, a new development on the west side of Aurora Pkwy, near Smoky Hill Rd.

I believe Village Homes and Century are still building in Southshore.

Elacora may still be building in Wheatlands.

Several builders in Blackstone (Century, Lennar, Richmond American) but the prices would be on the high end. Century may be cheaper. Blackstone also may be the most "out there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 11:40 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,239,806 times
Awesome, thank you!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM

64 posts, read 69,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
KB Homes in Ponderosa Ridge, and Shea, CalAtlantic, and Tri-Pointe in Whispering Pines. These are virtually in the same location off of Irish, just north of the Douglas County line. Probably the highest elevation in the area.

Richmond American is still building in Serenity Ridge, Southshore and Wheatlands. Some of these are cheaper entry-level homes. They are also building in Forest Trace, a new development on the west side of Aurora Pkwy, near Smoky Hill Rd.

I believe Village Homes and Century are still building in Southshore.

Elacora may still be building in Wheatlands.

Several builders in Blackstone (Century, Lennar, Richmond American) but the prices would be on the high end. Century may be cheaper. Blackstone also may be the most "out there."

Looking at some of these homes and prices, you would think all these new developments would cause current home prices to drop. Who wants to buy used, when we could buy new for the same price or cheaper!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:42 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITNerd View Post
Looking at some of these homes and prices, you would think all these new developments would cause current home prices to drop. Who wants to buy used, when we could buy new for the same price or cheaper!
My guess is it's all about turnaround time. I imagine a lot of people moving here don't have the luxury of waiting 4-6 months for new construction. We bought a spec house that was already under construction. Ironically we have the only house in The Wheatlands of this particular floor plan. Century had planned to build more of these but other floor plans proved more popular.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITNerd View Post
New homes generally are not cheaper than new. New homes offer benefits like energy efficiency, but they also need landscaping, upgrades, options, lot premiums, appliances and window coverings. Resale homes, generally, is a "what you see is what you get" type of purchase. Plus new homes might be 6-10 months before closing, resale 30-60 days.

(I have personally bought new twice and resale twice in 29 years)

Old 01-05-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
New homes generally are not cheaper than new. New homes offer benefits like energy efficiency, but they also need landscaping, upgrades, options, lot premiums, appliances and window coverings. Resale homes, generally, is a "what you see is what you get" type of purchase. Plus new homes might be 6-10 months before closing, resale 30-60 days.

(I have personally bought new twice and resale twice in 29 years)
Interesting insight there!

Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,146,396 times
Also, the prices you see on builder websites can be very low compared to what the final cost of a new build is with upgrades. With upgrades it's not unheard of to tack on an extra $75-100k.

My sister bought a Richmond American home and she discovered that everything in the model was an upgrade. Want rocker light switches instead of the old kind? $1500 upgrade. Fireplace mantle? $800. Better cabinets than the super-cheap particleboard types? $10,000. Everything was a package so if you wanted a better sink in one bathroom you had to pay to upgrade all of them.

We bought a new home recently and with medium upgrades (not even upgraded paint) our house cost $90,000 more than starting price. Lot premiums are also another joke as pretty much every lot in my neighborhood had one. Our lot is very small and basic yet there was a $10,000 lot premium.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:26 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
At last count, I have helped nice folks buy 178 new homes in 29 years in and around Denver.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:45 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,239,806 times
They sell new homes without landscaping? thats not like an included thing??

Old 01-05-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
They sell new homes without landscaping? thats not like an included thing??
My current home did not, I opted to seed my own grass and planted several hearty bushes.... I had no idea what I was doing and apparently grew some form of mutant monster grass, its unbelievably thick and tall and grows insanely fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver