Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:52 PM

6,811 posts, read 9,357,536 times

Advertisements

I compromised on features because I decided the mountain view was more important to me. I can eventually make changes to my house to add things that it doesn't currently have, but I can't easily change the location.

I'm not from Colorado originally, so I still get excited about the mountains, even after 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
The last 2 cities I've lived in had mountain views so I actually prefer it over concrete skyscrapers. That said, Denver really needs to expand it's skyline.
I think you'd be surprised that Denver punches far above its weight in that regard. Phoenix's skyline would probably make you rofl.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:11 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
If I stand on my tippy toes and twist to the left a bit I can see the foothills from my upstairs bedroom window.

I love to have a view but I see it a lot just driving around. I live pretty close to Santa Fe so the foothills are right in front of me.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:19 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,392,226 times
A friend of mine said the mountain views in Colorado Springs costs $15k annually over that in Denver, based on similar positions he worked in the two cities. He also saved $75k on his housing purchase. However, that was 20 years ago. I think the pay divergence has continued, but the housing divergence has increased. So you'll still pay more in Denver but get less view, less often.

Of course the opposite can be said about the view in Boulder as its value has gone up at an even faster pace.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
I have a lovely view from my front porch, although I'm waiting to see what happens as the last phase of housing gets built across the street. But I didn't buy my house for the view, I bought it for the location. The reality is that while I'm at home, I don't spend that much time looking at the view, too much other stuff going on. I can find plenty of places to go to enjoy the scenery when I do want to consciously step back for a little while and focus on that.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:06 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,419,949 times
I wouldn't complain about having a view but for me, it's not necessary to have one from the house. I have lots of mountain views when I walk through the neighborhood or drive through adjacent neighborhoods. I'm on the east side so we have the sweeping front-range views, often with the skyline as well. The house across the street from me has a mountain view from the back but the front yard and driveway are still covered with snow and ice while mine has been cleared by the sun. If I had to choose, I would take the south/west orientation for the driveway over a view any day.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:53 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
My views come from my walks and hikes.

How much do you value a view of the mountains?-20161030_082702.jpg

Old 01-25-2017, 11:59 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Nope, I got lucky and got it all.
You live in one of the metro's best kept secrets in terms of views. Growing up I had several friends who lived in the Huntington Heights area; many houses as you know have unbelievable skyline and mountain views. When I lived in Boulder I had a rooftop balcony with a dead on Flat Irons view and a Mt.
Sanitas vantage from my bedroom window.

Last edited by Scott5280; 01-25-2017 at 12:08 PM..

Old 01-25-2017, 12:07 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,825 times
I've lived in Colorado for 35 years, in the foothills for 20. We have a spectacular view of the Indian Peaks (Denver tv weather people have used our webcam on air many times). I can honestly say that I have never taken our view for granted. Even after 20 years there are times (like this morning) when I open my eyes and it takes my breath away.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
You live in one of the metros best kept secrets in terms of views. Growing up I had several friends who lived in the Huntington Heights area; many houses as you know have unbelievable skyline and mountain views.
I actually live a bit east of there; however, my block (only my side of the street), and a couple of blocks to the east have amazing downtown/city/mountain views. If I want to see downtown, all I have to do is walk to the end of my block. Otherwise I can sit and watch virtually all of Central Jeffco from the SW side of my property (I can watch the traffic along I-70/Wads, or watch I-70's descent out of the mountains, can see Lutheran Hospital, Olde Town Arvada, the Mines "M", and Lookout Mountain), can see Douglas Mountain and Mt. Tom from my living room, Mount Evans through the trees (seasonal), Longs Peak on the NW side/one of the bedrooms, and Pikes Peak from the sidewalk. It's really nice.

There are some homes east of Majestic View Park that have even better views (I believe the neighborhood is called Scenic Heights).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver