Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 09:46 AM

255 posts, read 200,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
denverian was banned last May for too many infractions he racked up in other forums; never had a problem with him in the COLO forums, was one of my faves.
Truth be told, I enjoy the local forums far better than some of the general forums. From what I've gathered thus far, some of the general forums can draw in a lot more controversial posters and topics, and you've got to be careful how you tread. On the local forums, such as this one, there is much more of a small community feel. Even for those posts I disagree with, they're hardly controversial or abrasive.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:49 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careerist View Post
Truth be told, I enjoy the local forums far better than some of the general forums. From what I've gathered thus far, some of the general forums can draw in a lot more controversial posters and topics, and you've got to be careful how you tread. On the local forums, such as this one, there is much more of a small community feel. Even for those posts I disagree with, they're hardly controversial or abrasive.
I am with you on that. I went to the politics forum and everybody was just angry. I lasted 10 minutes and haven't been back.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
I like the Real Estate forum.
Some great slow motion train wrecks occur there.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am with you on that. I went to the politics forum and everybody was just angry. I lasted 10 minutes and haven't been back.
Politics is awful! I used to spend a lot of time there, got into some trouble myself. I never saw Denverian there though. Too bad. He's a nice guy, I think.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Politics is awful! I used to spend a lot of time there, got into some trouble myself. I never saw Denverian there though. Too bad. He's a nice guy, I think.
Politics, Work & Employment (which I originally came to this forum for), and Relationships can all be pretty divisive and unhelpful in my experience. Most of the time, I feel bad after visiting those subs. Based on what I've read on the Denver sub, I feel very much at home here. People are respectful, for the most part, and the discussions don't seem to get out of hand from what I can tell. And we're all talking about a place that we enjoy, so it can't be all that bad.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:23 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Maybe he will get reincarnated with a different user name and IP address.
I like when people reincarnate themselves and make only a few posts before somebody accurately calls them out as the Former XYZ Username or whatever. Or, they can recall detailed posts from months, or even years, prior.

Some people on these C-D forums have very good memories and investigative skills. I don't know that I would go to all that trouble.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:47 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Maybe he can appeal his membership?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,809,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
denverian was banned last May for too many infractions he racked up in other forums; never had a problem with him in the COLO forums, was one of my faves.
I hate when that happens. Often it's political and not fair when it occurs. Usually the person knows what he or she is talking about and the moderator(s) has it out for them.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:12 AM

Default Conspiracy theory....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
I hate when that happens. Often it's political and not fair when it occurs. Usually the person knows what he or she is talking about and the moderator(s) has it out for them.
Everyone put on your tin foil hat, but sometimes it seems that certain sub-forums have special agendas. With the exception of some of the General forums and some of the more progressive local forums (like Denver), it seems like a majority of participants on the subs I visit most frequently are older, semi- or close to retired WASP-types. Therefore, there seems to be a pretty strong conservative slant in other forums based just on my observation. You can get pretty caught up in those types of discussions/debates because those people HATE talking about things that are different than what they've always been used to, which may go spiraling down hill. And once you allow yourself to get dragged into that, you might set yourself up to get in trouble with the moderation team. Maybe that's what happened to this particular member one too many times.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:18 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
He either offended the delicate sensibilities of the mods or failed to back down to a power tripping Ingsoc Thought Cop. Perhaps both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver