Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 01:32 PM

17 posts, read 36,149 times

Advertisements

HI! Moving to Lakewood, CO for a job. Do you have any advice for a brand new resident?
Which apartments do you recommend / not recommend?
What are the safe areas of town? (Not safe?)
Is there a doctor and dentist you love?
What is your favorite grocery store?

ANY & ALL advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 02:33 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,559,641 times
My advice is post this in the Denver section.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
My advice is post this in the Denver section.
Done.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:50 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Re: supermarkets. Every town where we have had a choice between King Sooper's/City Market/Kroger's vs Safeway, we end up shopping mostly at the Kroger variant. Better selection and cheaper, no matter what town. Someone we knew preferred shopping at Safeway despite these disadvantages, because the Safeway was less crowded. Consistently so. In fact, it became a joke with us.

However, maybe it depends exactly what you buy. Check them both out. I think Albertson's is gone now???? We moved away from the Front Range several years ago.

Also, Lakewood has a huge, wonderful Whole Foods at the giant outdoor shopping center whose name I forget. No doubt someone else knows which one. Might be Belmar.

I agree with the above poster's summary that Lakewood east is more urban, west and south more suburban. Lots of variety. If public transit is important to you, the Colfax bus runs three versions of the #16 route (regular route with many stops, a Limited version with fewer stops, and an Express version that picks up at one end and goes directly to downtown Denver).

Union Boulevard area is pretty, near public transit and highways, yet with lots of open space nearby for hiking and mountain biking if you like those. If you can go a little more west, the Sixth Avenue West area has (had?) really nice apartments up on South Holman Way. Just over the line in Golden there. Red Rocks Community College sits near the line.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:00 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,134,067 times
I lived in the apartment/condos near Union and 6 and that was a nice, yet still affordable area. It's near the Lakewood "downtown" too. South / West of that and it gets pricey, but it's nice. Going east on 6 / Colfax / Alameda from Kipling till I 25 is one of my least favorite areas of Denver. It's basically Pueblo North, except with Denver's price tags and traffic. I don't know much about the southern side of Lakewood.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:16 PM

17 posts, read 36,149 times
Great idea! THANK YOU!

Thank you VERY Much for all of the information & especially taking the time to comment. I sincerely appreciate your help! Best Wishes!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-29-2017 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 05-31-2017, 07:16 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I've lived in Belmar-LOVED before they overcrowded it
I've lived in West Lakewood now for 3 years and really like it. What's your budget?? We live in Montrachet Apts-$$$ but very worth it

Old 05-31-2017, 09:52 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
I'm an east side girl, so I can't give too much info but to address one of the more general questions.

Albertson's was already owned by the same parent company as Safeway, they've eliminated the Albertson's brand here and they are all Safeways now. I think King Soopers is much better although their meat department is meh, so I usually make a special trip to Safeway to stock up, or I buy it at Sprouts.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:29 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm an east side girl, so I can't give too much info but to address one of the more general questions.

Albertson's was already owned by the same parent company as Safeway, they've eliminated the Albertson's brand here and they are all Safeways now. I think King Soopers is much better although their meat department is meh, so I usually make a special trip to Safeway to stock up, or I buy it at Sprouts.
Costco for meat.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:31 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Costco for meat.
I'm not a member and it's not conveniently located for me to get there often enough for it to be worth it. If they ever open one nearer to me, I'll join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver