Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 08:26 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
I agree - Denver doesn't feel like home compared to Los Angeles (out in L.A. Right now for the weekend) but have lots of guy friends in DEN that have my back. L.A. Is just easier for me than DEN, but coming up on the 1.5 year mark IDK if it's enough time to adjust. At times this place has been hell for me, followed up by other positive things careerwise. Both cities are filled with cartoon character friends but dating in Denver is narrow and pathetic
Funny, I have a good friend who moved here from LA 4 years ago. He is single and dates a lot. Says dating here is much better for him than it was in LA. He's 40. YMMV.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
I agree - Denver doesn't feel like home compared to Los Angeles (out in L.A. Right now for the weekend) but have lots of guy friends in DEN that have my back. L.A. Is just easier for me than DEN, but coming up on the 1.5 year mark IDK if it's enough time to adjust. At times this place has been hell for me, followed up by other positive things careerwise. Both cities are filled with cartoon character friends but dating in Denver is narrow and pathetic
What do you mean when you say narrow and pathetic? Serious question. I had no problems with dating when I first moved here. I am married now thanks to the good dating scene but maybe it was different at that time.

Last edited by Timmyy; 09-04-2017 at 07:46 AM..

Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,808,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What do you mean when you say narrow and pathetic? Serious question. I had no problems with dating when I first moved here. I am married now thanks to the good dating scene but maybe it was different at that time.
Let's just say I seem to "click" with attractive women from SoCal personality wise over transplants from the Midwest in Denver. There's just something about coastal people that I relate better to.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Let's just say I seem to "click" with attractive women from SoCal personality wise over transplants from the Midwest in Denver. There's just something about coastal people that I relate better to.
And people who don't conform to that are narrow and pathetic?

Old 09-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
And people who don't conform to that are narrow and pathetic?
Narrow in the sense of "mountains mountains mountains!!!" God forbid you'd have some other forms of hobbies

Old 09-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Narrow in the sense of "mountains mountains mountains!!!" God forbid you'd have some other forms of hobbies
The very definition of narrow and pathetic is moving to a new city, finding that the hotties are not like the ones you are used to in LA, then calling them narrow and pathetic.

Good luck wherever you land! I spend a lot of time in Vegas for work. People there are much more in to what they drive and which designer they are wearing than which mountains they've climbed. You might want to check it out. It's not less narrow and pathetic though. Just your kind of narrow and pathetic.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:52 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
You must have blinders on...y'know, narrowing your view...because Coloradans do have many other interests besides those involving mountains. You can't blame locals for admiring natural beauty, either, and that includes mountains.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:59 PM

828 posts, read 692,451 times
And to think that I thought everyone in Colorado was just smoking pot and having a blast on top of the mountains all the time...

Old 09-04-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
And to think that I thought everyone in Colorado was just smoking pot and having a blast on top of the mountains all the time...
No. Too busy being narrow and pathetic.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
You must have blinders on...y'know, narrowing your view...because Coloradans do have many other interests besides those involving mountains. You can't blame locals for admiring natural beauty, either, and that includes mountains.
Then why is it then, I want to say like 50-75% of all dates I go on off the apps the question always comes up as "So what do you do up in the mountains?" My response as of lately is the following:

1. Earlier this year, I was moving unexpectedly between jobs and didn't want to loose clients so I didn't have time to go snowboarding.

2. The weather conditions for winter sports were bad because we had a mild winter. There was no point in trying to wake up on a weekend to battle traffic to look for conditions that were on par with the weak conditions that make up much of the East Coast.

3. My job takes priority, and lately I don't have time to be exploring mountains when I need time to unwind and sleep.

4. I'm not waking up at 5am on a Saturday to do a 14er.

When I'm pretty frank (and/or slightly critical about these factors) I immediately get backlash. I don't think it's fair when I put work first and I know many who get out and explore the mountains when they have jobs they can manage around it - teaching, nursing, freelance etc.

Working for a living is not pathetic, but jumping to conclusions when not understanding my whole situation is, yes "NARROW AND PATHETIC." Go figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver