Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,287 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Denver this summer and I wanted to know what are the best schools for kids with Aspergers (mainstream, very high-functioning but needing help with social skills).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 02:08 PM

401 posts, read 487,733 times
I have heard many great things about schools throughout Adams 12 and Boulder Valley School District. If you are on facebook you can go to groups like Denver Moms, Thornton Moms, Moms of Westminster CO and Broomfield Moms. These facebook groups are full of great people that are willing to help with great information.

One particular school I know of that has a great program for kids with Aspergers and Autism is Aspen Creek K-8 in Broomfield CO.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,287 times
Thank you!

Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 PM

320 posts, read 234,622 times
For a private school option, check out Denver Academy.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 13,047 times
What about Charter Schools? My son is 13 with Aspergers (high-functioning but slow processing) and he needs a small school environment lest he becomes very overwhelmed and anxious. Private school would not be financially possible. -Thank you! Sorry if my city data etiquette is not good. Please, let me know if I'm doing this properly.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:15 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmil13 View Post
What about Charter Schools? My son is 13 with Aspergers (high-functioning but slow processing) and he needs a small school environment lest he becomes very overwhelmed and anxious. Private school would not be financially possible. -Thank you! Sorry if my city data etiquette is not good. Please, let me know if I'm doing this properly.
If you are looking in DPS, you could check out the DSST schools - Denver School of Science and Technology. There are a few different campuses around the city and while it may be a bit of stereotyping, ASD kids are often drawn to STEM subjects. The schools are a bit smaller than many standard public schools and I believe all of them have an autism resource center. In some cases, they are a boundary school for specific neighborhoods, in others they are charters. For DPS, you go through the district choice/lottery process for the charter schools, they do not have a separate application process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver