Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM

10 posts, read 13,725 times

Advertisements

I've been searching for a bit and struggling to find occupancy laws with regards to unrelated tenants in Littleton. I have a five bedroom house I'm looking to rent out soon and was planning on renting out individual bedrooms. Does anyone know the law and can provide the source? I think I found Denver's and it's two or three unrelated for a single household, but not sure if that also applies to Littleton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 10:44 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
It would not. For Collins has an unrelated occupancy law. Call Littleton. And ask. https://www.littletongov.org/building-development Or Arapahoe County.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:35 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think87 View Post
I've been searching for a bit and struggling to find occupancy laws with regards to unrelated tenants in Littleton. I have a five bedroom house I'm looking to rent out soon and was planning on renting out individual bedrooms. Does anyone know the law and can provide the source? I think I found Denver's and it's two or three unrelated for a single household, but not sure if that also applies to Littleton.
I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy having a motel (and associated traffic) next door.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:20 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
When I worked for the City of Littleton many years ago, a single family residence meant no more than three unrelated adults.

I hope you aren’t thinking of renting out rooms on AirBnB.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:49 PM

10 posts, read 13,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy having a motel (and associated traffic) next door.
Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Not sure how having a few (long term) roommates in a house is any different than a family with teenage kids who can drive. As long as the tenants aren't being a general nuisance I don't see the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I hope you aren’t thinking of renting out rooms on AirBnB.
No, long term rentals.

Look, if I didn't care about laws or my neighbors I wouldn't have made a thread asking about it.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:51 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
No need to get offended. I’m not the one who mentioned noise, etc. I’m just trying to let you know that vacation rentals may not be allowed in single family zone districts. Hopefully tomorrow you’ll call the city to get an answer to your question. Then you can argue with them if you don’t like the answer.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:51 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
RR. Rooming/Boarding

1.As accessory to residential occupancy of a dwelling, a maximum of not more than 2 roomers and/or boarders are permitted.

2.The use shall not have a separate outside entrance.

3.No separate kitchen facilities, including stoves, refrigerators or ovens, shall be allowed or maintained for the benefit of roomers/boarders.
https://www.littletongov.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=6199
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver