Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 07:25 AM

824 posts, read 705,982 times

Advertisements

it is important to keep positive but no matter what happens could we have another year at least?

with all this spinning around us the real truth is un employment has doubled. Quality of life for sectors as; peeps with some college, with a degree, older citizens, female and etc is worse or dangerous.

We have been through a few genuion chrisis like the 1970's gas situation. Look at what we drive now.
Monitor how the covid thing goes and when a clear light for you appears at the end of the tunnel i think ther is opportunity. Like buying Denver real estate in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 09:45 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Let's get real here all you doom and gloom people that reside in this area. How many unemployed people do you know? How many people do you know are newly desperate from the pandemic? Not counting anyone who was already on edge but now face hardship. I know none myself. Yeah certain jobs facing tougher times , but unless all your friends are food service or bartending, or something still facing tougher conditions, I bet most didnt lose a job or are already back. I had one tenant who faced furlough, she moved back to Omaha. Her roommate got another person in there immediately. The one who stayed had a job I was concerned about, she said she's been busier than before.

Not saying things haven't gotten more difficult or that there aren't people who are struggling but we are fortunate here in that it's been for most a road bump. Reading some of you you'd think it was 35% unemployment and no jobs out there. Meanwhile everywhere I go I see now hiring signs. Not great jobs of course but damn some of these places paying $16-17 to start. It's just not as bleak for most as some want to think it is.
My office let go of about 10% of the workforce. Which was about 5 people for our location. 2 just needed an excuse to get canned. 2 were so new we couldn't get them training. The rest were just average employees. There were good jobs too, engineers and software programmers. I think all have found another job by now that wanted to.

If you work in restaraunts or hospitality yeah you're probably in trouble for a while and should look into driving for amazon.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:01 AM

looks like the covid #s are recently on the way up.
we are going to be in the pandamic mode for a long time to come.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:10 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,832 times
JEFFCO sent out a letter saying the same....Cases are up and everyone needs to behave. It is a bit odd that everyone is having a 2nd wave less than a month before the election.

And Im sorry but everyone is wearing masks that I see out and about so are they even effective at this point?

Are these actual serious cases or just + test results?

Old 10-13-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
... Are these actual serious cases or just + test results?
i dont think anyone knows. This whole thingy spooks me; there is sooo much dis information out there. Everyone has an oipinion tho

Old 10-13-2020, 09:51 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
Quote:
JEFFCO sent out a letter saying the same....Cases are up and everyone needs to behave. It is a bit odd that everyone is having a 2nd wave less than a month before the election.

And Im sorry but everyone is wearing masks that I see out and about so are they even effective at this point?

How is it odd? The same spikes are being seen in Europe and the rest of the Northern Hemisphere as well. It's fall, which is usually when infectious disease starts to spread more as a result of increased incidence of people sharing unmasked indoor space.

Think about it: kids are back in school, and they're great vectors for spreading disease. Masks, though they decrease the incidence of random spread in public spaces like retail outlets, aren't necessarily a cure-all for infection via long exposure to low-virus load air (i.e. spending all day in a classroom or office). They can then take it back to their family. Same with office workers. The summer lured a lot of people into a false sense of security, and precaution fatigue is setting in for all of us at a bad time.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data

Cases are spiking while the positivity rate is increasing slightly. The positivity rate is the primary clue into the proportion of cases the testing is catching. Hospitalization trends are following roughly two weeks behind, like was observed in the spring. JeffCo isn't part of a worldwide conspiracy.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:27 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
So... some 200,000 plus new renting families are going to come from... where?
Probably from the Bay Area, LA/OC/San Diego, and Metro Seattle

Old 10-15-2020, 12:32 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,776,236 times
Quote:

Yep, the rest of Europe, Asia, etc are conspiring against whoever you are voting for here in the US, so they are making numbers up, along with all the states.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:26 AM

i hope the willy702 family is doing well

Old 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
i hope the willy702 family is doing well
Despite making about 35% less than in February because my customers are doing less business, things are fine. Everyone is healthy and I adjusted the budget for the new normal. Things aren't as good as they were, but the world isn't ending either. I think that's the comments I have heard from more people than anything in recent times. We all are hoping for things to get back closer to normal, but does us no good to panic or assume the absolute worst is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver