Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 10:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Not sure you're getting your info but everytime I go to Cherry Creek mall it's busy.
Not a lot of data or stats on this, but many articles and just based on my own personal experience going there (my opinion there are far less people now vs 2015).

https://www.westword.com/arts/paid-p...k-mall-8696915

https://www.westword.com/news/angry-...hange-11610284

Last edited by Mach50; 05-07-2020 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Today

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/b...ankruptcy.html

Neiman Marcus, a Symbol of Luxury, Files for Bankruptcy
The high-end retailer is not liquidating, and expects to emerge from restructuring later this year.
Welp now the question is will they close the Denver store?

There aren't a lot of high fashion designer alternatives in Denver. But I don't really need NM or a Bloomingdales in my life haha.

Old 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Today

Neiman Marcus, a Symbol of Luxury, Files for Bankruptcy
The high-end retailer is not liquidating, and expects to emerge from restructuring later this year.
Will the restructured store be called Neiman Markus?

Old 05-11-2020, 01:51 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
Neiman Markus will declare bankruptcy

Will need to buy the super high end gucci & vuitton else where.

see how this plays out; if any denver store fronts will close? Maybe the Cherry Creak store?
Seems most Neiman Markus shoppers are older++. Clothing and house ware are increasingly casual these days. Even tho sales tax laws have changed on a national scale to force on line sales to charge tax just too little to late. As a national retailer; Neiman Markus has accumulated huge billion dollar debt for what ever reason. Prior to the virus seems there were days where the Cherry Creak store had zero sales.

if the cherry creek store closes the mall could become a full time parking lot. The mall has the technology already in place.
Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and other brands in general have opened their own stand-alone stores in malls and taken most of the purchases away from the department stores. In this way, they can keep more of the profits and have more control with the display and selection available in a location.

Even at wholesale buying those luxury goods to sell are still expensive, especially if your clientele is dying or shifting to the mall proper.

Quote:
the more affluent shoppers especially tend to use the interWeb.
I'd like the assurance that no one who touched the item within the last 24-48 hours was not sick. You never know if the packer sneezed inside your box or the delivery man sneezed on his hands as he grabbed the package to make a no-contact doorstep delivery. (There are cameras inside a store, however.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There aren't a lot of high fashion designer alternatives in Denver. But I don't really need NM or a Bloomingdales in my life haha.
The Houston NM store was their first location outside of their hometown of Dallas and is a time warp to 1969, even to the plumbing fixtures in the bathrooms. It's definitely showing its age. Meanwhile on the other side of The Galleria, Saks' newest store in the chain attracts shoppers.

I prefer Bloomingdales' style more, but it's a lower price point than NM or Saks (Nordstrom is on the same level as Bloomies). The novelty is that locations are rare and mostly on the coasts.

Macy's will be the lone survivor in the department store space as it has the critical mass and the capital to weather the storm. It's upscale but not too expensive. They can easily pivot to power centers, like Kohl's, if necessary.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:41 AM

824 posts, read 705,784 times
i cant remember if the broomfiled flatIrons mall has a Neimand Markkus??
if it exists, this would be a targeted to close more than cherryCreek.

just the other day Penneys has announced bankrupcy, dont see a formal Neimand Markus anouncement yet

Old 05-16-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
i cant remember if the broomfiled flatIrons mall has a Neimand Markkus??
if it exists, this would be a targeted to close more than cherryCreek.

just the other day Penneys has announced bankrupcy, dont see a formal Neimand Markus anouncement yet
Neiman Marcus filed BK over a week ago -

Old 05-20-2020, 04:29 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
What they need is a big bailout! Nothing like living bailout to bailout! /s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver