Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:11 PM

111 posts, read 610,453 times

Advertisements

As if on que, right after my last post, the kids went back outside on their own to play in their new 'snow fort'. They've been out there since! So I locked the doors!! No just kidding, but they apparently got a 2nd wind, er, actually a 5th or 6th wind. All is good again cuz daddy got a minute of quiet time. Not to mention bedtime/cocktail hour is right around the corner!

BTW, they got Titanic for xmas and they are absolutley captivated, practically hypnotized by it.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:22 PM

53 posts, read 492,027 times
Personnaly all this snow sounds wonderful to me... See I have lived in Texas for a great portion of my life, and what we got in Texas was, Dallas: Tornadoes, and Houston: Flooding, Hurricanes, and Tornadoes.

Now maybe it is just me, but I would rather be stuck inside with tons of white stuff on the lawn than the slowly creeping creek getting further and further out of it's banks till it is almost in your home, or the smashing wind tearing your roof off or a hurrican/tropical storm, or the freight train sounds of tornadoes...

So that's several reasons why I feel the weather in Denver is a PLUS to moving there and not something I will be worried about.... Of course maybe I will feel differently after a few winters, but I kinda doubt it... I'll be in moving to Denver in April, maybe sooner if I get a job offer sooner.. but April is our even without a job deadline...

Old 12-30-2006, 12:08 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
Dan6200alt - I am 38 and I am about to go stir-crazy myself.

I hope your kids can find a way to play out the bordedom. I, myself, am not sure if I can get over it.

Good luck to you. This 38 year old is about to bonkers if I can't get out of the neighborhood soon. I can only imagine what your kids are going through.

Gods I hope the car can make it out tomorrow. She's out in the street since I have this stupid drift that must reform every time I shovel. Sheesh.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:15 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
BrianAggie95 - I am sorry my friend, I have friends in Texas as well as family.

Guess you've never been to CO?

Oh dude.

This winter storm is the suck but we have hail storms, tornados, winds (like this week) that are annoyingly horrible. We have everything but the earthquakes you might see in California.

No, hunny, it's not all rosey here. We get what you have times ten.

Yes, it's normally pretty mellow here but don't let that be what you think about CO, it can be the suck here as much as the rest of the country.

This snow is a little over the top but come summer, we are the beginning of those storms that have tornados. We send a lot of them east, thankfully but still, when I lived in Denver, one of the worst on record (1997 I believe, maybe 1998) for tornadic action.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:41 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Happydawglady:
You are right! Sorry if I sounded so "persistant" in my replies. We hope that you have an absolutely GREAT oncoming New Year. I may/do disagree with what some replies that go on this Forum, but I (we/wife&I)) will say this: "Everyone on this Forum are very nice people and I'm so glad that I'm a part of it" ........we do get an "oddball" person once in a while, but I just ignore their replies.
Everyone in this Forum have a Very Nice New Year!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 06:17 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times
TinajaCO:
Ok......don't know where you live in the Denver metro area, but in Parker, where our house is, believe us, we can get some "inches"/deep snow.
During the snowstorm this past Oct. (the week before Halloween), I stepped out of our back door onto our backyard and the snow was up to my knees. My wife took a couple of photos and some video of it. The Wednesday morning that that storm started, I left the house to go to work in Denver. As soon as I pulled out of our driveway, the wind came up and the snowfall picked up. I was driving down a small hill, by the Parker PD, applied my brakes lightly/but firmly, but still almost slid into the middle of Parker Rd.! The wind/snow was going so much, I couldn't hardly see anything in front of me. I called my wife at the house and told her that I was coming back and neither of us was going into work today.
After looking at the photos I have, I MUST apologize to you. From the photos, the last "deep" snow we had was the blizzard of 2003. Between then and this last Oct., we have recieved some snow, but it hasn't been
"knee deep".
As far as the "severe" thunderstorms go, we have seen the phrase "severe thunderstorm warning" on the bottom of our TV screen a number of times during the summer since we have been here. Actually, I have video of lightning that would really "blow your mind".
Have a Very Nice New Year!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 06:48 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Hang in there, guys.
It sounds like you might get some melting by New Year's Day.
I just got an email from my brother in Albuquerque who says he is snowed in, even with 4wd,and has badly broken tree limbs.
It was times like this that I was glad to be living smack in the center of Denver rather than out in the 'burbs: I could get out and walk around in civilization even when there was knee deep snow. I like quiet reflection as much as the next person, but you do get cabin fever after awhile.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Yup. We are in Santa Fe. I-25 is closed to the CO border.

Dan. Feel blessed. We are a family of five in one hotel room, with nothing but a TV, a computer & a deck of cards.

We are hoping to be on our way home tomorrow.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:36 AM

616 posts, read 3,005,440 times
To me, this latest storm was a dud. A lot of hype, but not much snow. We got about 6" to 7" Thursday night in Highlands Ranch, but only about 1" since then. We've been out and about running errands this last couple of days. Far from being snowed in.

Today we are seeing some blue sky and sun.

Last edited by gpraceman; 12-30-2006 at 09:53 AM..

Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 AM

210 posts, read 1,345,423 times
We got about 7" of snow from this last storm..... complain as I might about the impact of the snow, it's beautiful when the sun finally comes out, almost makes it all worthwhile...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver