Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I move to Denver, CO or stay in Jacksonville, FL ?
Stay in Jacksonville, FL 14 66.67%
Move to Denver, CO 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 04:40 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,174,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverpro View Post
While I agree with you, reputation is important. Ten years ago Denver was known as a "hipster" hotspot, more of a cool place to live. Now that weed is legal and being cool is old school, they are trying to turn Denver into a crazed liberal place like Portland. It hasn't really gotten to that point though and I don't think it ever will, but they are certainly trying.

But at its core, Denver is a country-western city, through and through. Even one of the most popular gay bars here is a country-western bar. Colorado I think resembles the south a lot, there is a huge truck culture here, people love their trucks down here in Douglas county. When I worked in Cosprings, I was the only car in the parking lot that wasn't a truck, there were about 30 coworkers and every single one of them had a truck except me, and this was an office cubicle position. I'd say 80% of douglas county residents drive a truck. Far from liberal.

Come out to Colorado, you are welcome here... Just make sure you bring a Camo jacket and get a truck.
What about Subarus?

Old 02-11-2021, 04:46 PM

157 posts, read 137,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
What about Subarus?
That's what all the transplants who can't drive get. Subarus are always driving the slowest in the snow, this is fact.

Old 02-11-2021, 04:58 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Yikes. I may not fit in. I only like sedans. And I'm very liberal.

Old 02-11-2021, 05:20 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
While I agree with you, reputation is important. Ten years ago Denver was known as a "hipster" hotspot, more of a cool place to live. Now that weed is legal and being cool is old school, they are trying to turn Denver into a crazed liberal place like Portland. It hasn't really gotten to that point though and I don't think it ever will, but they are certainly trying.
This is a pretty confounding paragraph overall, but "being cool is old school"? That's a new one.

Quote:
But at its core, Denver is a country-western city, through and through. Even one of the most popular gay bars here is a country-western bar. Colorado I think resembles the south a lot, there is a huge truck culture here, people love their trucks down here in Douglas county. When I worked in Cosprings, I was the only car in the parking lot that wasn't a truck, there were about 30 coworkers and every single one of them had a truck except me, and this was an office cubicle position. I'd say 80% of douglas county residents drive a truck. Far from liberal.

Come out to Colorado, you are welcome here... Just make sure you bring a Camo jacket and get a truck.
This is a long-winded, hyperbolic way of saying "if you don't speed at least 10 mph over the speed limit around most Douglas and El Paso County drivers, you'll induce road rage". Flannel and/or down jackets and a high-clearance car describes the majority of Coloradans north of County Line Rd.

FWIW, Charlie's is basically a twinky dance club with a "rustic" wood interior.

Quote:
That's what all the transplants who can't drive get. Subarus are always driving the slowest in the snow, this is fact.
This we can agree on. Subarus are terrible at elevation IMO.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:13 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
It's 5 degrees here right now OP. Stay in FL with the other old people

Old 02-12-2021, 08:54 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,689 times
Quote:
But at its core, Denver is a country-western city, through and through. Even one of the most popular gay bars here is a country-western bar.
The fact that you would use the term "country-western" indicates you're over 90.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:46 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It's 5 degrees here right now OP. Stay in FL with the other old people
I see. It's 72 and sunny right now in Jacksonville. It's 5 and cloudy in Denver. That's devastating!

Old 02-12-2021, 10:54 AM

265 posts, read 150,737 times
Having lived in Colorado (Colorado Springs) for 8 years and Florida (Orlando) for 4, my conclusion is that never having to move snow is awesome, but Colorado has far more nice days in winter than Florida does in the summer.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:21 AM

157 posts, read 137,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I see. It's 72 and sunny right now in Jacksonville. It's 5 and cloudy in Denver. That's devastating!
Busted. No its not. Its 87% humidity and 75% chance of precipitation, for the next 7 days.

I also checked the skycam of Jacksonville and it is 90% cloudy.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:23 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Busted is right. Time to close this thread. Denver isn't the place for the O.P.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver