Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times

Advertisements

Still think that Parker, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree are nice bets to live. By the way, the way Parker is growing, there will be very little/to none horse property there anymore. From visiting Highlands Ranch, a lot of Doctors and Lawyers live there. It is definitely upper-class there. Lone Tree is middle to upper class.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Still think that Parker, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree are nice bets to live. By the way, the way Parker is growing, there will be very little/to none horse property there anymore. From visiting Highlands Ranch, a lot of Doctors and Lawyers live there. It is definitely upper-class there. Lone Tree is middle to upper class.
Good Luck
I really wouldn't classify ALL of HR as upperclass. there are plenty of middle class neighborhoods with govt. workers, teachers, and single income families that have to watch their spending to get by.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
You might want to take a look at Centennial, which has relatively easy access to Denver and very good schools, particularly the neighborhoods that feed to Cherry Creek High School. Housing prices for single-family properties start in the high $200s.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 AM

4 posts, read 27,222 times
Thanks for the helpful replies, all. We probably will focus on HR and Centennial, but some of the other cities you've discussed also sound great. Thanks again!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:30 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
I'd suggest avoiding the suburbs entirely given the falling prices that will only accelerate as gas climbs further north.

You know, steve, I agree with this somewhat because I know that City of Denver is a great place to live and certainly provides more public transportation options. However, there are many suburban areas that provide good public transport.

Ther older suburbs that are close-in have just the same density of bus service as some areas of Denver. For example: most of Englewood, some of Littleton, most of Wheat Ridge, parts of Arvada, parts of Lakewood, parts of Westminsters, western parts of Aurora etc.

In addition, some of the outlining suburbs that are built around the new light rails have good expanding public service with the feeder buses that go to the stations. An example would be parts of Centennial and Lone Tree.

I also like to point out that certain bus routes are almost 24 hours, run express buses and are considered major routes. These routes run out into the suburbs like the 16 and 16L on west colfax, 15 and 15L on east colfax, the 0 and OL on Broadway etc. Also there are buses like the 76 on Wadsworth which is a main bus line running exclusively through the suburbs.

Living in Denver is ideal and I know you promote that type of living and I agree; more people should consider living in the Great City of Denver. However, if you are working in some areas of the suburbs, a suburban area to live would make more sense, as long as you made good choices to be on a major transit route. One of my concerns about the regional transportation system is that it is does not provide enough suburbs to suburbs public transit and concentrates too much on the central hub of downtown.

Livecontent

Old 05-27-2008, 01:57 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Livecontent, when I make reference to the city I consider those places to be a part of the city. Arvada in particular is one of my favorite cities within the city.

Highlands Ranch, Lonetree, Castle Pines, these are not in or near the city, or any other city. I know a guy who commutes from Castle Pines downtown and has the nerve to whine daily about the price of gas and how much it costs to fill up his Escalade......sucker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver