Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

Boyfriend and I are lookin at moving to Colorado.

This is want we want in an area: At max an hour or so drive to ride mountain trails like Keystone and Winter Park, public transportation so I can sell my car, good job market (we both have fresh degrees and are very capable people), happy people, good bar scene (we're in our early to mid 20's and like to party) and possibly within walking distance, bike trails around town, not expensive to live daily, good scenery.

We've found the Lakewood area to be pretty close to what we're looking for. Any thoughts or opinions on that?

Also, can anyone from that area give us an idea what we should expect to pay in lieu of rent , utilities, and whatever else we might need to budget for.

We're lookin to do the move pretty soon so any help we can get is fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyse85 View Post
Boyfriend and I are lookin at moving to Colorado.
Why Colorado specifically (i'm just curious)? Did you also consider Arizona or California too (just curious)? California is awesome. Where are you comin from (if I may ask)?

Quote:
public transportation so I can sell my car, good job market (we both have fresh degrees and are very capable people), happy people, good bar scene (we're in our early to mid 20's and like to party) and possibly within walking distance, bike trails around town, not expensive to live daily, good scenery.
Maybe Denver (maybe even Lakewood) versus Boulder. If you want "meet in the middle" geographically then go to Superior (the Horizons at Rock Creek) to rent (if you are going to rent). The living arrangements are very VERY nice, affordable, pet friendly, and it is "social central" there in summertime (tons of young people, very co-ed, parties, several pools, etc). Transportation system is decent within metro Denver itself but dismal at the moment elsewhere (some buses here and there).

The job market is extremely competitive because there are so many applicants looking to move to/stay in Colorado but only limited number of decent paying permanent jobs.

What line of work do each of you do?

Quote:
We've found the Lakewood area to be pretty close to what we're looking for. Any thoughts or opinions on that?.
From everything that I read and the little bit that I have seen it appears very trendy, yuppie, etc. I wouldn't mind living in Lakewood and working close nearby. You are close to RedRocks and I-70 too.

Quote:
We're lookin to do the move pretty soon so any help we can get is fantastic.
What's the rush to move?

Last edited by Spincycle; 07-09-2008 at 05:26 PM..

Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
i was lookin for same s hit when i moved here in november.. Lakewood isnt bad ....i moved to Arvada which is great cause i can be on I-70 in couple mins and at Loveland resort in about 50 mins....i dont know nothin bout public trans here but only about 15-20 mins from downtown

Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post

From everything that I read and the little bit that I have seen it appears very trendy, yuppie, etc.
Lakewood yuppies??? i mean i havent lived here long but if u think Lakewood is full of yuppies(some of course) then u most not have been to EVERGREEN(yeah thats right) Vail, breck, keystone, ASSpen etc.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,547 times
Default Yuppies lol

Lakewood is big, there are no yuppies in my neighborhood. we do have alot of godd hardworking blue collar folk however. it is a nice place to live as i can get to DT and the MTNS quickly. its not the prettiest. i would move to the highlands or golden if i were to do it again but the whole city is great. if your going to sell your car and be without for a while think about capitol hill

Old 07-12-2008, 10:14 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,117 times
Why not live downtown in one of the many areas that offer walkable and bikeable living. Uptown would likely fit your requirements well, or the Cheeseman Park area, maybe even Wash Park or City Park West too.

6th ave to I-70 > I-70 through the city when heading toward the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver