Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 12:46 PM

23 posts, read 135,842 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I currently live in Houston Tx and am looking to relocate this summer. My first choice was Alaska, however it may not be feesable, so Denver is my next coice. Moutains, snow, friendly people, seasons... (something Houston doesn't have...) unless you count Almost hot, Hot, Hotter, and Hell, seasons... So I have some questions that perhaps some of you can answer...

1) I am currently enrolled in school for skin care in Tx. (getting my estatician's liscense) What's the job market there for health and beauty? Here I can start at a doctors offie making $65K a year doing laser hair removal, faials, waxing, chemical peels, stuff like that... Or I could work at a day spa on commission and make closer to $40K. Is that possible there?

2) What's the cost of living like? In H-town I can live pretty well on $40K, nice apartment, in a nice area... Being able to afford to buy stuff, and go out with friends... Is that possible in Denver?

3) What is the single life like? I'm a 27 year old female, no kids. Are there quality single men in their early 30's to early 40's? I am cute by the way...

Any other info that anyone thinks I may need, or want, is welcome also, good, bad whatever..

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
I'm sorry, but I don't have any information on jobs or careers in your field. However, I can tell you that unemployment here just hit a 5-year low, and I've seen a lot of evidence that the job market is quite favorable now for job-seekers.

Cost of living is probably going to be higher here than in Houston. Certainly more to buy a house. As far as rents go, I can't tell you too much about Houston but there are plenty of studio/1br apartments for about $400.00/$500.00 or so -- craigslist is a good resource for that -- http://www.craigslist.org/

The singlife probably depends on your interests. The nightlife scene is quite active in downtown Denver and Boulder. Most people here are quite outdoorsy, so there' plenty of people-meeting to be done on shared activities of that sort. But, like any place, it takes time to settle in and meet people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: