Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,718,462 times

Advertisements

I lived in Indian Hills for 9 years, as part of a new couple and later with a mortgage and infants. I loved it up there until I had to do the too-frequent milk and diaper grocery trips. Now there are more shopping options--forgetting something at SW Denver hardware store used to mean a ruined weekend project.

In the summer everyone likes to come visit-that was great; but in the winter by a snowy sunday evening I usually got cabin fever. Not my husband--he would have stayed there forever. I would not have felt very good putting my teenagers on those roads, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM

5 posts, read 38,868 times
Thank you for all the replys. I live in a mountain area with 14 acres and am aware of the work that is required. We also live in a isolated area. POP 986 I am looking for something that is a little less small town and need more ammentities such as grocery stores, home supply stores, and such.. I think I saw it has a burger king.. Anyways I also live where it snow 3-4 times a year but only about 6-12 inches at a time.. All I can say is I look forward to cooler weather cause we get in the 100's around here. I do have a question regarding kids activities, do they have gymnastics in Evergreen..

Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndee View Post
. . .I do have a question regarding kids activities, do they have gymnastics in Evergreen..
Evergreen Rec Center Gymnastics
Action Gymnastics

Old 08-28-2008, 06:11 PM

144 posts, read 638,324 times
It's so great to hear all these positives on Evergreen. My wife and I have visited Evergreen twice now and fell in love with it. She's a Northern Califorina native, and I'm an upstate New York native and we both are ready to get out of CA and get into a smaller more family oriented place. All fingers point to Evergreen anymore and I wouldn't mind some cold weather again versus this 105 degree inferno we call Sacramento. The job search is on, even if it does mean working in Denver. Best of luck with Evergreen

Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

676 posts, read 2,797,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndee View Post
Thank you for all the replys. I live in a mountain area with 14 acres and am aware of the work that is required. We also live in a isolated area. POP 986 I am looking for something that is a little less small town and need more ammentities such as grocery stores, home supply stores, and such.. I think I saw it has a burger king.. Anyways I also live where it snow 3-4 times a year but only about 6-12 inches at a time.. All I can say is I look forward to cooler weather cause we get in the 100's around here. I do have a question regarding kids activities, do they have gymnastics in Evergreen..
Evergreen is not as isolated as you think. There is quite a bit of ammenities that you were referring to. Several grocery stores and other retail options as well as restaurants. The only thing it lacks is clothing but you can find all that in denver which is only 30 minute drive.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 AM

5 posts, read 38,868 times
This one is too courdory boy in Sacramento. How funny you live there. We currently live in Georgetown up in the foothills. I tell you I agree I cannot wait to get out of the 100 degree heat.. Where about are you in Sac? Maybe we could chat and share infor that we learn about Evergreen...

Old 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM

13 posts, read 37,606 times
Default Interested in Evergreen, CO???

I've read a lot of threads asking about Evergreen, CO.
I'd recommend two websites:

[mod cut/ please no links to commercial realty websites, thank you!]
www.HeartofEvergreen.com
This is the Downtown Evergreen website for events.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-11-2008 at 03:51 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
AWESOME!!! I'd definitely live there if given the chance!! Anyone want a tennis court with 2 acres?!! I'll trade!!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM

336 posts, read 698,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinny25 View Post
I've read a lot of threads asking about Evergreen, CO.
I'd recommend two websites:

[mod cut/ please no links to commercial realty websites, thank you!]
www.HeartofEvergreen.com
This is the Downtown Evergreen website for events.

This try this again...loved your video...it was great...I wish that
every town offered that sort of view into what the place really
looks like... you did a great job with the detailed information....

Old 11-16-2008, 10:57 PM

144 posts, read 638,324 times
I am very interested!! Been to Evergreen twice and am searching high and low for a decent job so we can move there. My wife and I love it and want to call it home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver