Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,029 times

Advertisements

Update, as of 4PM, Denver is at -4F below zero with a wind chill of -20F below zero. It will drop more tonight.

This will make THREE DAYS the temps have fallen to below zero temperature this month alone. With the current arctic front in the area, it will be up to 4 or 5 days this month that it has so far fallen to below zero temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:11 PM

227 posts, read 1,008,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Update, as of 4PM, Denver is at -4F below zero with a wind chill of -20F below zero. It will drop more tonight.

This will make THREE DAYS the temps have fallen to below zero temperature this month alone. With the current arctic front in the area, it will be up to 4 or 5 days this month that it has so far fallen to below zero temps.
What are you trying to prove? We know it's cold already.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:14 PM

930 posts, read 2,422,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
It's 70 degrees in Denver right now---supposed to be beach weather all week...that's about as ridiculous as to the false information put out by the Denver axe grinder....has nothing to do in Arizona---so he posts here....his message is Denver is cold, it's terrible, get out while you can...Unfortunatly we have a few that escape from the labs here and there...I personally would not live here if this was some cold wasteland.....
Lived there for 25 years. It WAS a cold wasteland. Put down the crack pipe or share.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
tew

209 posts, read 633,320 times
Ok Lbear, its cold. Dont go outside and do things if its too cold for you. Stay home where its warm. I dont understand whats the problem?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 AM

The low temperature at Denver on December 14th dropped to -18F below zero at 6:35 PM. So that establishes a new record low temperature for December 14th breaking the old record of -14F degrees set in 1901.

Then on December 15th the temperature bottomed out at -19F degrees below zero at 2:31 am. This is a new record low temperature for December 15th breaking the old record of -6F set in 1951.

A wind chill of -40F below zero was recorded also.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Do a search first. This topic has been discussed a million and one times on this forum.
Hey Vegaspilgrim, still loving phoenix, made it through that miserable summer and am enjoying the prize of 7 months of fantastic weather. We had a low of 58 yesterday. Dont you wish you were here, at least for fall, winter and spring?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:06 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
The low temperature at Denver on December 14th dropped to -18F below zero at 6:35 PM. So that establishes a new record low temperature for December 14th breaking the old record of -14F degrees set in 1901.

Then on December 15th the temperature bottomed out at -19F degrees below zero at 2:31 am. This is a new record low temperature for December 15th breaking the old record of -6F set in 1951.

A wind chill of -40F below zero was recorded also.
So glad I left last march. had enough of that stingy face, bloody nose causing freeze to last me a lifetime in just the 5 months I lived in Loveland Co. We are enjoying fall weather here, no snow to shovel, just leaves all over the ground (although they are tiny leaves).

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Quote:

Why not look at the glass as half full? We've had 7 days with highs above 50, 2 of those being above 60 - and that's DIA readings. In the city, that would be 8 days above 50 with 3 above 60.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:36 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,078 times
I agree. what's the big deal? why does LB care so much? he needs to take it up with God, or the Chamber of Commerce if he doesn't like the weather. It's Colorado, it's cold in winter, it's the middle of December. There will be below zero days, there will be wind chill, big deal?
move to AZ, FL, NV, HI, or about a zillion other places if it's too cold for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew View Post
Ok Lbear, its cold. Dont go outside and do things if its too cold for you. Stay home where its warm. I dont understand whats the problem?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
So glad I left last march. had enough of that stingy face, bloody nose causing freeze to last me a lifetime in just the 5 months I lived in Loveland Co. We are enjoying fall weather here, no snow to shovel, just leaves all over the ground (although they are tiny leaves).
To me some Denver residents are in denial. They act like Denver has mild seasons and paint a picture of it being similar to Southern California (maybe because many of them were originally from SoCal). Yet, my experience with Denver, the stats, the records, all show that it is far from "mild".

It might not have that gray, overcast sky for 5 winter months but it does get a lot of snow and arctic blasts like the one they are in now. Even in the summer it can hit over 100F and it was VERY HOT this past summer.

To me, having a day at 55F in December and then 24 hours later having it be -35F below zero with snow, really stinks. It becomes this "love - hate" relationship. One moment you are hot and the next you are in war with arctic cold. It's like being pushed around and not knowing what's coming at you. You get your hopes up when it is 55F and then you got socked in the face with -35F below zero temps. It becomes a form of torture.

I think they use extreme temperature fluctuations in CIA torture methods. They should send the prisoners to Denver for that torture method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver