Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 PM

15 posts, read 44,583 times

Advertisements

Hi!

In my previous posts, all of you people who answered me have been great and I really appreciate your time. However, I seek more information and hope that I am not being a pest.

My husband is interviewing for a job in the Stapleton area. Again, we are pondering where to live. Our son and family are in Lakewood. I am not real keen on a true suburb, coming from a rural, small-town in the Midwest. I keep checking out this forum and continue to do my research...but, man oh man, it seems so difficult to make a decision! The more I know about each area, the more confused I become.

We want a house built from 2000 on, at least 1600 sq. ft, and not over $225,000, plus I need green space and trails for walking and bicycling.

Any suggestions, comments, and/or thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
At that price range and with your "newness" requirement, the only logical choices are on the east side: Thornton (maybe), Brighton, Commerce City, Green Valley Ranch, or Aurora. Of those options, I'd go with Aurora-- a development on the eastern, new outskirts of central Aurora (east of Buckley, between 6th ave & Hampden). If you were willing to live in an older home you would open up a tremendous possibility of better options.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,483 times
Not going to happen.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Commerce City, namely Reunion, Buffalo Run, etc. Maybe some in Brighton too.

Last edited by Count David; 01-30-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: removed OP's quote

Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM

steveindenver...not sure if the "not going to happen" was for me or for vegaspilgrim.

Lucy

Old 01-31-2009, 01:18 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyontheprairie View Post
steveindenver...not sure if the "not going to happen" was for me or for vegaspilgrim.

Lucy
I think he was directing it at you. He is not entirely correct, however.

The answer to your question can be quickly found on any real estate website. There are 218 properties in metro Denver that meet your criteria. (out of about 16000+ on the market). The big clusters will be north metro (thornton), northeast metro (Brighton, Commerce City), Green Valley Ranch, and North and Central Aurora.

Luckily for you, your job in Stapleton is considerably east of I-25, which puts you in reasonable commute distance to some of these locations, which are mostly on the eastern side of the metro area.

I agree with Vegaspilgrim in that Aurora seems like your best bet, IMO. Thornton and Brighton are too far away. Green Valley Ranch has too many foreclosures right now. That leaves Aurora and Commerce City. Aurora has lower taxes and is closer to Stapleton.

The big limiting factor, of course, is your requirement of 2000 or newer.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:33 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,483 times
Quote:
The answer to your question can be quickly found on any real estate website. There are 218 properties in metro Denver that meet your criteria. (out of about 16000+ on the market). The big clusters will be north metro (thornton), northeast metro (Brighton, Commerce City), Green Valley Ranch, and North and Central Aurora.
Not going to happen.

This is not the midwest.

Some of the required things can be had, by no means all of them. Again, not going to happen.

I'd like to raise unicorns and sell their horns for 500,000 a piece!

And then people get angry at what Denver offers ....

Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Uhhhhhhh, I understand that Denver is NOT the Midwest. I am not totally stupid, and I don't appreciate being thought of in that manner. I am doing my best to do some research on an area I know nothing about it. I thought that this forum was one way to obtain information. Thankfully, many other ppl have given me thoughtful suggestions, with valid points. However, you, steveindenver, are NOT one of those kind ppl.
My husband has not accepted any employment at this time, so where we end up is still up in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver