Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,672 times

Advertisements

Lot's of bad information in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Can anyone tell me about an area that appears to be near Glendale? Street is Bellaire @ Louisiana, appears to be about a block east of S Colorado, between E Mississippi & E Louisiana, and north of I-25. Thanks!
[mod cut] S. Bellaire St. and E. Mississippi Ave. is basically the SE corner of the Brittania apts. They are [mod cut]

Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
These reputations are somewhat dated. Glendale is now part of the well considered cherry creek school district, has some very luxurious apartment buildings, new, and has a sports arena, an urban library, a recreation center and courts, and is the most multilingual part of Denver. It also has the most awsome 24 hour starbucks next to the Barnes and Noble on Colo Blvd. It does have a fair share of low income apartment buildings and some affordable homes, but only a few as most of them are, as a prior posted said, in southeast Denver. There is only one bar of the infamous type of repute and that is Shotgun Willies--being a bar with dancers.
Glendale as been a part of Cherry Creek Schools since it's incorporation in 1952. Starbucks isn't 24 hours all the time, just when it's warm. They close at 1:00 A.M. It has no affordable homes. There are three single family homes in the city of Glendale and one is at Forest/Expo. Old folks live there. The other occupied one is next to Four mile bar and is actually an old dairy farm. Two tenants in there.

There are two Gentlemen's clubs... Shotgun Willies at 490 S. Colorado and The Penthouse Club at Virginia and Birch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxman777 View Post
I'm not sure we can accurately describe the entire area of Glendale as one thing because it is not very homogeneous. The strip along Colorado Blvd is Big Box Heaven. Several Big Boxes, a couple of car dealers, Barnes and Noble and a Wild Oats (the closest Whole Foods is actually over at 1st and University but Wild Oats just got bought out by whole foods so maybe its the same now). There are several office buildings, mostly congregated around Cherry Creek. Most of the residential in the city is in apartments/condo's. The high rent stuff is near Cherry Creek with much lower rent stuff sitting adjacent to the nice stuff to the south or north.

As far as Russians in the area, I have been told that Russians own a lot of the strip clubs in the region, including the ones in Glendale. Since there is a concentration of strip clubs in Glendale it makes sense that there might be a concentration of Russians there. I certainly wouldn't say that it is a Russian dominated neighborhood though. I never noticed more Russians there then somewhere else but I'm usually oblivious to those sorts of things.
Wild Oats is now Whole Foods.

There are [mod cut] of Russians, but 90% of them actually live outside of Glendale in the 1200 Block of S. Birch and S. Bellaire in two trashy Denver complexes. Glendale stops at the 1100 Block, at the intersection of E. Arizona Ave.

Russians used to own an old night club at 499 S. Elm St. across from the Goodwill in Denver. That building is now a Jewish Deli.

The Penthouse Club is corporately owned.

Shotgun Willies is owned by the Glendale Mayor Pro-Tems common-law wife.

Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by suzco; 03-30-2008 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: offensive language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,203,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
please define affordable. Glendale is surrounded on four sides by Denver. Glendale has 5000+ residents

Home Page
Besides the above...Glendale is VERY small area-wise. It starts at Alameda to the N, and Mississippi to the S., Colorado Blvd on the West, and to the East ends at S. Forest. The town of Glendale has some very jagged borders. You can see a map by Googling "Glendale, Colorado" and a map shows in the upper R corner. Where I live, it's very walkable, with Whole Foods on Colorado and the nicest King Soopers that fronts out on Leetsdale, intersecting with Cherry. Many restaurants are nearby and also the Virginia Village Library at Florida and Colo. Blvd. Cherry Creek S/C is also walkable. There are some very nice and not so nice apartments/condos/rentals all mixed in. For some of these rentals, you will need to go outside of the few blocks that make up Glendale and into the surrounding Denver streets. Personally? I like living in this location because it's close to just about everything I could possibly need. The RTD bus and light rail are convenient, although you do need to drive to light rail station. I have a car, and am focusing on being more active and doing more walking. No better location to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver