Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:08 AM

37 posts, read 167,563 times

Advertisements

looking for houses in the $500K to $600k range. Greenwood Village has been recommended but I do not see it discussed in many of the threads on this site. I would really welcome some feedback from locals who know the area. What are your impressions? What is it like? I know the CCSD is very good. What else can you guys tell me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 AM

210 posts, read 1,345,149 times
Greenwood Village is a great area, although it can be pricey (you pay for the name). The town is essentially divided in two by I-25. The areas west of I-25 tend to be older, built in the 1960s-1970s, but well-kept and with mature landscaping. These tend to be the most desired areas, and I think you won't find much in your price range in Greenwood Village on the west side of I-25. On the east side of I-25 the houses tend to be newer, built in the last 10-15 years or so. You'll get more house for your money on this side, but you won't have the amenities of an established neighborhood insofar as landscaping and such is concerned. Also, if you get too far south you start to get closer to Centennial airport, and some of the neighborhoods south (especially south of Orchard Rd) are under the flightpath to the airport, so you have planes flying over fairly often. I don't know if this would bother you or not, but something to keep in mind if you look east of I-25. But there, you'll find more houses in your price range.
But like I said, you'll be paying for the name Greenwood Village. What are you looking for in a neighborhood, or in a home? If you are set on the idea of Greenwood Village, it's a nice area and you can't go wrong anywhere in it, but you will get more house for your money if you look in Littleton, Highlands Ranch, etc.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:05 PM

37 posts, read 167,563 times
Default Moving to Greenwood Village - need feedback

My wife and two kids (15 and 11) are moving to Greenwood Village this summer. We may end up in adjacent Englewood. I would appreciate any feedback about the community, people, etc. I know the schools are large, but are supposed to be very good. Is it a welcoming open community? I would love to hear from those that know what it is like to live there. My wife will be working nearby in Centenial. I will be starting my own business and loooking for small office space in the area. We will be joining nearby Temple Sinai. This is our first family move (from NY burbs) and while we are very excited, we need feedback, heads up, advice, etc

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,427,778 times
Greenwood Village, southern Englewood and all of Centennial would be a nice fit. There are communities that are friendly, affluent and educated.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 AM

8 posts, read 36,145 times
Default Greenwood Village

Cherry creek schools are excellent.Yes they are BIG.Did you look at highlands ranch?The schools here have open enrollment,so if you live in highlands ranch,lone tree,englewood(All these places are great to live) your kids can still go to the douglas county schools or cherry creek schools.The drive time for me from highlands ranch to Centennial is 15 minutes.Douglas county(highlands ranch high school) has supposedly better middle and high schools.And cheerry creek has great elem schools(I can vouch for this my kids go there).Some schools are year round and some are traditional.cherry creek has west or campus middle school that are supposedly good that is the 2 schools that my kids will opt to go.I know for high school a lot of them go to arapahoe high school(this is a littleton public school)
http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net/
Right now is the time to buy a house ,market has been tough for sellers.Englewood and Centennial have some beautiful older homes.Lone tree is overpriced,highlands ranch has a huge variety of homes.Greenwood village may be on the high price due to the fact that it is near the tech center.Let me know if I can help you further.Hth you.Good luck

Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 AM

106 posts, read 563,381 times
PJE192- glad to see some tribe members moving to Colorado! We are planning a move there in the next several months and have done alot of research and will probably settle in the Highlands Ranch area. Supposed to be a great area that is very family friendly with alot of Jewish families. Hope it helps and good luck

Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Default Greenwood Village

I moved to Denver last week.

I found an apartment in Greenwood village for it was being billed as the fabled denver tech center.

The apartment's a good deal. No security deposit, no lease, month to month and even a 500$ off, perhaps I won the lottery or something.

But the streets are heavily depopulated. There aren't many shops/restaurants to go eat too. Even those that are there are closed by 8 or 9 or so........

I'm originally from the CT/NY area where the buzz is like 24/7. So it's a bit of a culture shock.........

So, did I pick the wrong area?

Any ideas, folks? I need your inputs on which areas nearby have that "buzz" where I can see people around.

I also joined the GW athletic club, which is cool. They cut a 350$ joining fee which is "not" cool But I was told GW reimburses 500$ and that is "cool", though I am still not sure how it works.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,208 times
Sounds like you're looking for something more like Capitol Hill. I'd check that out and see if that matches your expectation.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,104 times
I agree Capital Hill, Lodo, Platte Valley will be better options for nightlife..However there is really no where here in Denver that will have a NYC 24/7 vibe...Greenwood Village is much more limiting for late night activity..the streets tend to dry up quickly after the dinner hour..with the exception of the movie theatres, and comedy club and maybe a few restaurants...It's a nice safe neighborhood that somewhat resembles a city, but lives like suburbia...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:07 AM

59 posts, read 200,226 times
I live in Greenwood Village as well and it's perfect for us. We are a family with young kids.
Also if you go to greenwoodvillage.com and then to things to do, you can find where GWV will pay you back half of what you paid for the athletic club.
I use that program a lot and it's really easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver