Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:04 AM

369 posts, read 2,165,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
If you limit your bid on priceline to only 4* in Downtown Denver, you will get either the Grand Hyatt, the Hyatt Regency Convention Center or the Brown Palace. All three hotels are located in the center of downtown. All of which would be superior to staying anywhere in the DTC, IMO. However, I understand not wanting to take chances and I am not going to push any further than I already have.

I just bid $60 per night on a 3.5-4 star in downtown.. The sheraton accepted... Kinda wish I started lower, lol... anyone know anything about the sheraton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,222 times
The Sheraton is massive and has been undergoing a huge renovation. I think they are finishing up now, so it might not be a distraction come October. The location is perfect. It's right on the 16th St Mall, so you can take the Free Mall Ride down to LoDo. Short cab ride to anywhere in Denver. Walking distance to some great restaurants.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
The Sheraton is massive and has been undergoing a huge renovation. I think they are finishing up now, so it might not be a distraction come October. The location is perfect. It's right on the 16th St Mall, so you can take the Free Mall Ride down to LoDo. Short cab ride to anywhere in Denver. Walking distance to some great restaurants.

man that site you posted is great... booking a hotel will never be the same again.. thanks alot .. i appreciate it

Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Default So the hotel, and the dates are set. Hows Denver in October?

I'm sorry for flooding your board with all of my threads. I'm just super excited about our upcoming Denver trip!

We arrive in Denver on Thursday October 8th!
&
We will depart on Monday October 12th!

We are staying at the Sheraton in Downtown!

We will be car-less our entire trip!

Right now the only thing set in stone is we will be attending the Patriots/Bronco's game on 10/11/09 ..

Hows the weather ussually in early/mid October? Is there anything special going on around town in October? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do on 10/8, 10/9, and 10/10 ?

Thank you so much for all your help so far!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Can't give you any 411 about goings-on, but I can tell you that Denver weather in early October can be unpredictable. It could be 80 degrees one day and 40 degrees the next. Pack some warm clothes. It'll probably be balmy - mid 60s-lower 70s with overnight lows in the low-mid 40s.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 15,170 times
Yes, weather is extremely unpredicatable in Colorado. The first time I went to Denver was in October of '07 ....the first day it was sunny and in the 70s....the next morning there was snow coming down. Then I went again in April and there was a blizzard but before we knew it was 80 degrees and gorgeous! Just wear clothes that you can layer.I would suggest renting a car for at least a day or two....you have to drive up to Boulder and/or Estes Park. The mountains are so incredible!!In Denver....go to the Cherry Creek section of town. Cool little boutiques and restaurants..there is a mall right there too. In addition, go to the downtown section (LODO), tons of shops, restaurants, and different things to see. The art musuem and some other musuems are close by. If you want to see a good view of the city...take the Capitol Building Dome Tour (it's free and really short)....but it's a cool lookout point to take pics. There is also the Denver Zoo and Botanical Gardens.Have fun, Denver is a great city!!! I loved it so much, that I'm moving there in less than two weeks!!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
October weather in Denver is unpredictable and erratic (as Denver weather is most of the time). Have you heard about The Bronco Blizzard, in October 1984?

From the Denver Channel:

October weather

Quote:
THERE IS A GREAT TEMPERATURE EXTREME DIFFERENCE FOR OCTOBER. THE RECORD HIGH OCTOBER TEMPERATURE IS 90 DEGREES SET OCTOBER 1ST 1892, WHILE THE COLDEST OCTOBER TEMPERATURE IS 2 BELOW ZERO SET ON OCTOBER 29TH 1917. ON 10/02/1969...THE DENVER TEMPERATURE WAS 85 DEGREES. ON OCTOBER 3RD AND 4TH...15 INCHES OF SNOW FELL ACROSS THE AREA. IN 1991...A RECORD HIGH OF 89 DEGREES WAS SET ON THE 16TH FOLLOWED BY RECORD LOWS OF 7 DEGREES ON THE 30TH AND 10 DEGREES ON THE 31ST.

ONE OF DENVER'S MOST FAMOUS SNOWSTORMS WAS THE "BRONCO BLIZZARD" WHICH OCCURRED ON OCTOBER 15TH 1984. THIS STORM WAS WITNESSED BY A NATIONWIDE TELEVISION AUDIENCE ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. BY THE TIME THE GAME ENDED...THE ENTIRE FIELD WAS COVERED BY 3 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW. BY THE TIME THE STORM ENDED...OVER A FOOT OF SNOW HAD FALLEN OVER MOST OF THE METRO AREA. OCTOBER 1997 TURNED OUT TO BE A SNOW RECORD SETTER. THE BLIZZARD OF OCTOBER 24TH-25TH PRODUCED 19.1 INCHES OF SNOW IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD SETTING A NEW OCTOBER RECORD. BEFORE THE STORM ENDED...21.9 INCHES OF SNOW HAD FALLEN ON THE OLD STAPLETON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT DURING THE 2 DAY PERIOD. THE MONTH FINISHED WITH 22.1 INCHES MAKING IT THE 3RD SNOWIEST OCTOBER IN DENVER HISTORY

Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Like others have said - anything goes in Denver in October. October is probably one of the most unpredictable months with regards to weather in Denver....I would be watching/checking the weather forecasts in the week or so before you come then prepare for anything. Could be 70 could be snowy.....I've seen snow in late September.....Just remember, even if it is snowy, it most likely won't be bitter cold that early. It would most likely be a wet snow that melts fairly quickly. Although, considering the weather thus far this year, anything is possible! Enjoy your stay.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
If the game is at night, it could be cold. We went to a night game in mid-Oct a couple years ago; it snowed and was cold. Was fun, though.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
So far, I've loved October here! Beautiful fall colors, usually beautiful weather, unless it happens to snow while you're here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver