Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,250 times

Advertisements

I am working on a guide to "weird", offbeat sites in greater Denver. This would include haunted houses, famous murder and crime sites, etc. Examples would be DIA, the Jon-Benet House, Croke-Patterson Mansion, John Hinckley house... Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,127 times
You should look into Alferd Packer's grave, if you can find it. I heard it was in Littleton Cemetary, although not confirmed.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-28-2017 at 06:22 PM..

Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,926 times
Take the Banjo-billy bus tour if you get the chance. The tour is all about "ghost stories" if you will. Things like Cheesman Park was built on a grave and there are still 3000 estimated bodies there. The first murder at the Brown Palace, etc.

We did it a couple of weeks ago when a bunch of family came into town, total blast!

Denver Tours and Boulder Tours | See Colorado with Banjo Billy's Bus Tours

Old 10-14-2010, 11:07 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Try this old thread on The Ridge Home. It's gone now, but might be a worthy of mention, as are any old asylum, TB sanatarium, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
One of the coolest haunted houses is no longer standing, but you can find the site:1739 East 13th Avenue (it's now a condo). The 1980 movie The Changeling is based on a true story that happened to writer Russell Hunter at the Henry Treat Rogers Mansion near Cheesman Park.

Of course, there is Cheesman Park itself--a former cemetery.
(I have read that the movie Poltergeist was based on Cheesman Park's history, but can't find anything reliable about it.)

Old 10-14-2010, 05:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
I've been reading a book called "Ghost Stories of the Rocky Mountains" by Barbara Smith. It talks about the Molly Brown house being haunted.

Disclaimer: I don't really believe in ghosts the way this author does, but the stories are interesting reading.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,856 times
The Oxford hotel is haunted. Many unfortunate things happened there before it was restored, and one room in particular seems to be haunted by the ghost of a man in a suit and hat. He stands outside of the door waiting to go in and has been seen from the inside of the room through the peephole by numerous guests. Another building near there that I know from personal experience is haunted is 1819 Wazee. I worked there for years when it was an antique shop and portrait studio. Doors slamming, footsteps running down the staircase, a man's voice yelling loudly and in the same room when I was the only one in it, and twice seeing a man standing in the miidle of the shop reflected in a mirror. Everyone who worked there had similar experiences. It's now a restaurant as far as I know. We were told that when the building was used by the city to store records, that an employee had fallen down the back stairs and died. I have no idea if that is true or not.
By the way, my father used to work for the city and they would have to go to Ridge Home from time to time. The man that would go with him was named Rodger, and Rodger finally refused to go because he said that there were more dead children there than live ones. No joke.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:09 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,867 times
Default I work at a haunted bar

I work at Lodo's...it's on the Haunted Denver tour. Lodo's actually occupies two buildings...it's the Matties part that is/was a haunted bordello.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,217,694 times
The rumor is the site of the downtown Sheraton Hotel used to be an organized crime venue. Of course, it's just rumor...

Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 PM
A.Q

1 posts, read 2,020 times
We used to live in northglenn. The house is on fox run. This house would make us irritable with each other. The kids would talk to some one from time to time on different times of the day. I know spirits aren't real since nothing stays of us when we are gone. But demons are and their best of skills is deceive us. At first this entetity would only make small noises. But as it for our attention it started to get physical to where it would start to talk and touch us. One night, as my lady and I where laying down. We notice a figure peeping out from behind the closet. My lady got frighten. I was kinda having fun with it. I mean nothing feels as good as having a girl curling next to you for a man's protection, so I continue to joke and ask the entity to step out the closet. Then after the door slowly open and a dark body was at our foot of the bed. I told my lady to look for I wasn't frighten of it, for I believe in God, but knew that acknowledging such entity is prohibited against God's demands. She pull the sheet down from covering her, soon after she seeing it I felt her body go into massive goosebumps. She pleas to make go away. If told her not to be scare. But unfortunately the entity use to harass her more. If you want to check the House out you'll be able to see that ain't ordinary since is the only house with a huge tree, while others are the same age and similar trees. We never wanted to leave the house but we didn't want to be there any more. It felt tiring to leave the house, felt as we have left our self in the House and we where just wondering, felt complete as we return but with a discomforting weight. If you want to experience this for your writing I'll warranty and or your self. It can probably be arrange. We have move and are much active, tranquil, sensible, focus, it feels as we all just been in a different life this past 5 years. But not ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver