Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280milehiguy View Post
Yes, the bugs are so big and there are so many that they just cover the streets, sidewalks, literally everything.

But the heat is what keeps most people inside, with their ac blasting.
Here are my bug experiences from San Antonio: I was wearing flip flops in the parking lot of my apartment while detailing my car and a tiny scorpion (ok, maybe not a bug) bit the top of my foot and ran off. I woke up in the middle of the night with my foot swollen so big I thought it would pop! Had to go to the emergency room. Once at a bon fire out in the sticks, stepped in fire ants and had over 100 bites. My face swelled up and had blisters. Back to the ER. A swarm of bees got in my apartment once and the landlord had to call the exterminator. Found a lizard looking think in my bathroom. My apartment was exterminated every mont to keep the cockroaches in check, which seems to be standard everywhere in SA. If you turned on a light outside at night, it quickly turned into a swarm of thousands of bugs. I would go running in a nearby park at dusk when the temperature dipped below 100 and had to douse myself in mosquito repellant to avoid losing a pint of blook.

Never had a bug issue here in Colorado. In Summer, we do have a bug zapper on the front porch that zaps something ever once in a while, but mostly you can sit on the porch and enjoy the evening, and no bugs gather around the lights. In recent years, mosquitoes seem to show up once or twice per summer for a couple weeks, then disappear. I don't know what that's about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:09 PM

82 posts, read 478,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiaan90040 View Post
actually the male to female ratio in denver is pretty damn even. Denver Demographics, Population, Denver Metro Area Resources, Denver Unemployment (http://www.denver-date.com/denver-dating/denver-demographics/demographics.html - broken link)

I was thinking about moving to Austin, but I hear it's an absolute guy fest. I am going out in Jan, guess I will find out myself.
Just a heads up -- this site was blocked by websense @ my work (my fault for browsing at work) because it found something on the page relating/linking to Adult Friend Finder.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM

306 posts, read 436,635 times
Default I know the feeling

I know how you feel.

I have left Denver three times and moved back twice.

If I had a job there now, I would move back tomorrow.

The overall lifestyle there is unique, comfortable and pretty simple.

The only issues I ever had with Denver were the isolation from other metro areas and the distance to my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver