Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 14,383 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to San Antonio and find myself daydreaming about Denver. I moved back to Texas primarily to be closer to family and friends (I was in Dallas before). I was only in Denver for the Winter and part of the Spring yet I find myself thinking about all it has to offer and have been having regrets on the move. Some of the things I miss:

1. Vibrant young city with amazing downtown scene
2. The Rockies
3. Active lifestlye
4. Poker rooms nearby (they just raised the limits on the cash games :P)
5. Beautiful seasons
6. Park system
7. The Rockies

I like SA and Texas but it just feels like something is missing. I wasn't able to experience dating in single life while in Denver because I had a gf at the time but I have heard that it is not the ideal place for a single guy. Is there any truth to this? Anyone care to give the advantages of living in Texas (SA specifically) to make me feel a little better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltad View Post

Anyone care to give the advantages of living in Texas (SA specifically) to make me feel a little better

jobs and cheap living, other than that I sympathize. I moved to Dallas from Denver and it sucks. Oh well.. maybe in my next life I can move back home finally because I don't see it happening soon in this life.

The native Texans tell me drinking large amounts of alcohol helps pass the time while being cooped up indoors when it's 110 out for 3 months at a time. oh I almost forgot and eating some BBQ

Old 07-30-2009, 02:50 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
I lived in San Antonio for a year in the 8th grade and well it was an interesting experience to be there for a year, but it's only good for visiting now for me. I used to keep a photo I took of the Denver skyline in my school notebook to remind me everyday of Denver.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
Quote:
I was only in Denver for the Winter and part of the Spring yet I find myself thinking about all it has to offer and have been having regrets on the move. Some of the things I miss:

1. Vibrant young city with amazing downtown scene
2. The Rockies
3. Active lifestlye
4. Poker rooms nearby (they just raised the limits on the cash games :P)
5. Beautiful seasons
6. Park system
7. The Rockies
1, 3 & 6.

Quote:
I wasn't able to experience dating in single life while in Denver because I had a gf at the time but I have heard that it is not the ideal place for a single guy. Is there any truth to this?
I'd say of anywhere in CO its probably the better of most locales.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
Not that I have any words of wisdom to offer, but if it makes you feel better I'm super homesick for Denver and am not crazy about where I'm stuck living either.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,775,283 times
I suppose you are closer to family? That's the only good thing I can offer.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,472 times
Can you move back? My wife and 2 kids moved to Colorado from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Before our move, we researched where we should live. We have family in Ft. Worth,TX, Atlanta, GA and Orlando,FL. We have some friends in Colorado, guess what? We opted for the friends over family and couldn't be happier. It's nice to be close to family but we decided that we had to do what was best for us. Plan for your future and see if you can make it back out here one day.
P.S. If you want some good info about TX, you should probably post your thoughts on the TX board for some "home cookin'"

Last edited by Micktooth; 07-31-2009 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM

202 posts, read 408,417 times
Unhappy I miss Denver! :(

Hey all,

I moved to Denver from northeast PA last summer. I absolutely loved it while I wsa there. Well, for various reasons (job, school offer, girlfriend), I just recently moved back home. Now, I am really kicking myself for leaving. I don't have the savings to just up and move again (plus, when I moved last time, I had somewhere to stay until I located an apartment. I no longer have that luxury).

I wanna come back!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM

56 posts, read 152,056 times
Fear not Eric. If this is what you desire, you will find a way to get back to Denver. It may take some time, maybe a year but then you can plan for it.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 PM

202 posts, read 408,417 times
Thanks indigo. I'm hoping to get back at some point, preferably sooner rather than later. I just need to prep for it I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver