Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 PM

12 posts, read 25,454 times

Advertisements

While I have found dozens that offer all kinds of amenities, I am really looking for something that provides covered parking, quiet & safe, no barking dogs & away for high traffic, and first or not too many steps to second level. My desired location is between W. Alemeda & W. Jewell and S. Union & S. Federal Blvd. Has anyone heard of Nevada Villa Apartments? I cannot find anything on them accept a location. 6201 W Nevada Pl. I only need little more than 500 square feet.

I am willing to sacrifice all the wonderful luxuries such as a fireplace, fitness center, pool and a slew of other things, but I do need laundry facilities and a dishwasher (without one really takes away from the fun of cooking). It seems most places offer the luxuries and considerably larger, but why should I pay for things I can do without for the handful of things I do? Unless it does not exist, then will let go of the dog thing as I do enjoy them and it seems 90% allow dogs. Many complexes have lousy reviews. I know you get what you pay for, but I do not want to spend more than $650 per month or a little house to squeeze out a 1 bd/1 ba. Maybe I'll luck out a find a small complex near public trans as I want to become familiar with the Light Rail ... I think it will be a great way to get to know the different communities and my way around and thx to LiveContent I am now behooved to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 01:45 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,406,153 times
I see that I have been mentioned. I have google that apartments on Nevada. I think it is a very quiet safe neighborhood. Your are just down the road to the west from the Belmar new Urban development at Wadsworth and Alameda. Across Wadsworth is the City Center, with Police, the Library, nice park. You will have good shopping and services close by.

The Alameda bus is Route 3 and is a good bus because it will take you west through Belmar to the City Center where there is transit connection to many more buses. In addition, further west, you will get to the Federal Center and the Coal Springs Park and Ride which is the largest Park and Ride with many buses. East will take you on this route to the Alameda Street Station, on the Southwest Rail Line.

There will be a new rail line coming into the Coal Springs Park and Ride, in 2013. In addition an big new hospital, St. Anthony, is being built right next door. You will be in a good area to move around by Public Transit.

I am an atheist but if you are interested in meeting new people, I would suggest a special church just west on Alameda, on the north side. You cannot miss it as it has a unique domed building. It is called Mile Hi Church of Religious Science. It is not a christian church but is a big congregation. The church welcomes all creeds and it has many activities Mile Hi Church - Spirituality - Science of Mind and Spirit It attracts many singles and professionals in the area and may be the just the place nearby for you.

I think you picked a good place in the area to start.

Livecontent

Old 09-08-2009, 10:43 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,423,827 times
I was put-off by all the bad reviews out there too (when looking from Alaska a few weeks back). My wife and I decided to just ignore them and go with our gut feeling. While we've only been in a badly reviewed complex for a week, the Only complaint is the added fees ($100 for a garage, $400 deposit for our dog, the only single bed available had tons of upgrades that we Have to pay for, etc... turned out to be way more expensive than we were led to believe over the phone). Lots of dogs, but only very rarely do we hear barking. Screaming kids, thin walls, roaches, and every other complaint posted about living in this complex has been 100% untrue thus-far.

So don't go by Just online reviews... remember that the vocal people are nearly always the most unhappy people, and they account for less than 20% (usually WAY less). Make your list and check them out in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver