Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM

50 posts, read 135,219 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Right now I am in high school and looking at colleges I want to attend in a couple years. So far, I'm really liking UCD because it looks like it has a good Architecture and Urban Planning program.

One question I have is how hard is it to get in? Especially for an out of state student? And what could I expect to pay for tuition, room and board, etc?

And is there any scholarships or anything available for out of state students? Or any financial aid?

And finally, if anybody knows, what can I expect from the Architecture and Urban Planning program?

Thank you for any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
You can find the answers to the tuition and fees question on the school's website. As far as I know, there are no dorms, though there are some "arrangements" with some apt. buildngs.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM

14 posts, read 78,707 times
Campus Village is the on campus residence hall, which is fairly new.

There are a couple other residence halls that aren't as close to campus which include: The Regency and The Inn at Auraria.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalter23 View Post
Campus Village is the on campus residence hall, which is fairly new.

There are a couple other residence halls that aren't as close to campus which include: The Regency and The Inn at Auraria.
Are these university owned/run or private? Just wondering.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 24,736 times
I was told that I should expect not to get scholarships since it is a big program. But as a California residents, I ask about the in-state residency process and it is similar to California. Convert your drivers license and car registration before school starts, and you should be fine after a year...but not guaranteed as she mentioned.

Is the program at Denver for Arch. worth the out-state tuition?

Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdenver2010 View Post
I was told that I should expect not to get scholarships since it is a big program. But as a California residents, I ask about the in-state residency process and it is similar to California. Convert your drivers license and car registration before school starts, and you should be fine after a year...but not guaranteed as she mentioned.

You also have to be over 23 years old, and meet a lot of other criteria. Get UCD to give you the information.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdenver2010 View Post
No way.... it's way more complicated than that-- in any state! They make it so hard to get in-state tuition it's almost impossible-- or everybody would do it. Read up about it online.

Quote:
IMHO, No. CU Denver is not worth paying out of state tuition, unless if the extra money is not big deal to you and you are die-hard set on living in Denver.

Are you a "traditional" student coming straight out of high school or are you an older/ experienced individual returning to school?

Old 04-25-2010, 03:33 AM

8 posts, read 24,736 times
I am a student coming straight from undergrad. So what is it about CUdenver that is not worth paying out-state tuition for? I got accepted to Umich, but tuition there is even worse even thought their program is nationally ranked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: