Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,801 times

Advertisements

You'll have to ask your realtor (or apartment manager) which companies you use. There are some cities (like Houston) where you can choose your providers, but here in Denver, you get whatever service company that all of your neighbors get.

For cable, you can choose either Comcast or Qwest. There are a few places in the newer suburbs where you may not have a choice because they haven't run the system out that far yet, but for the most part, you will be able to choose.

I've lived in 2 places in Denver and haven't paid for sewer as a separate bill. It has always been included with the water bill.

Water companies vary depending on where you live...we have had Denver Water and now have East Cherry Creek Valley Water.

Gas and Electricity are sometimes together (depending on where you live). In our first house, we had XCel Energy for both and now have XCel Energy for gas and IREA for electricity.

Garbage is usually included with either your property taxes or HOA fees, depending on where you live.

For all the companies, I haven't seen a true difference in price on any of them. It was more convenient to pay XCel Energy for 2 services (gas and electricity) in our first house, but when they got split up in our 2nd house, there was no difference in price. Same for water.

You won't have to put a deposit down for any of your utilities unless you have poor credit. They WILL ask you for your social security number when signing up for you services and they run a quick credit check. It is possible that a few companies (I think Comcast does this) add a charge to your first bill and then you get that back when you turn in your equipment. Either way, I haven't had to pay anything up front to get services turned on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Garbage is usually included with either your property taxes or HOA fees, depending on where you live.
In the city of Aurora, at least outside of HOA's, you have to choose your own trash provider.

In the city of Denver, from what it looks like, the city handles it in some way.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 AM

664 posts, read 2,065,759 times
Quote:
For cable, you can choose either Comcast or Qwest. There are a few places in the newer suburbs where you may not have a choice because they haven't run the system out that far yet, but for the most part, you will be able to choose.
Think you mean high speed internet because Qwest doesn't do cable, they just repackage DirectTV You can also go with Dish Network.

Quote:
I've lived in 2 places in Denver and haven't paid for sewer as a separate bill. It has always been included with the water bill.

Water companies vary depending on where you live...we have had Denver Water and now have East Cherry Creek Valley Water.
Depends on who you're with. We have Denver Water but sewer is through Englewood. Houses in Littleton (proper) have the same setup. Denver Water bills for some sewer districts but not all.

Quote:
Again this depends on where you live. For those who live in the city of Denver or get it through HOA you don't have to worry. But for the majority of us you'll have to contract with someone. There's Allied Waste (or whatever it's called!), Waste Management, Pro Disposal, Eagle Waste and those are just the ones that are contracted on our street! They're been other threads on this so look them up.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,814 times
I am moving to the Aurora Co. area in the next six weeks, I need information on utilities, who the providers are and if anyone knows what the deposits are? Thank you.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,814 times
Thank you for the information, I appreciate.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:14 PM

13 posts, read 39,745 times
What, no Verizon FiOS? Oh no, that might be a deal breaker for me moving there. Was hoping they would at least have AT&T U Verse.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM

23 posts, read 45,119 times
United Power also serves N Commerce City and Brighton for electric. For gas in those same areas it would be Xcel.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
If you have good credit you have nothing to worry about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver