Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,861 times

Advertisements

Do not try to be a good samaritian in PerryM IA!!! During the snow strom on 8/12/09, I recieved a call from a friend asking if I could get my truck out and take her to the pharmacy to pick up a much needed med. Sure I said. After returning to her home I help her to her house, wasn't in her home for more than 10 min and a local police officer knocked on her door. After he explained that I could not park on the street, I informed him of the situation and that I would be happy to move my truck. The officer then handed my a citaion for parking on the street. What a nice cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM

113 posts, read 438,279 times
It's pretty well known that you aren't allowed to park on the side of most streets during snow storms because of the snow plows. I suppose the alternative would be having a snow plow come by and sock your vehicle in a pile of snow until the spring thaw.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,131,452 times
Yeah, don't expect a break if you pass thru Perry, it's been that way a long time. I pass thru there a couple times each year, and have a couple tickets to prove it. Yes, I was technically speeding heading east out of town on Hy 141, and another time heading north on the Hy 144 four lane thru town and not paying close attention to the 25 MPH zone. I don't speed thru there anymore, needless to say. The one I got on 141 pissed me off because they sit out there late at night on Willis Ave and nab you right before the speed zone bumps up to 65. And there's nothing there.

I think the city of Perry might have a strain on their budget for schools and city services (since before the recession) for some mysterious reason

Last edited by mofford; 12-10-2009 at 07:31 PM..

Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,261,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I think the city of Perry might have a strain on their budget for schools and city services (since before the recession) for some mysterious reason

Haha... I think you might be on to something here.

I've never heard of Perry and/or the Perry PD being particularly bad, but it looks like the moral of the story is that the best way to avoid tickets and citations is to not give them a reason to issue them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines