Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 09:26 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times

Advertisements

We lived in the White Lake area when I was young, and used to be in Milford a good bit.

Took my family out there to show them where I lived as a youngster, and passed through Milford on the way. Wow, what a great job they've done with that downtown area! Shops, salons, restaurants with patios.......very clean......very nice.

I was most impressed. Highly recommend a stop in Milford for anyone passing through the exurbs of Detroit if they have the time. Definitely don't recall it looking that way in the 70's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 10:35 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
We lived in the White Lake area when I was young, and used to be in Milford a good bit.

Took my family out there to show them where I lived as a youngster, and passed through Milford on the way. Wow, what a great job they've done with that downtown area! Shops, salons, restaurants with patios.......very clean......very nice.

I was most impressed. Highly recommend a stop in Milford for anyone passing through the exurbs of Detroit if they have the time. Definitely don't recall it looking that way in the 70's!
I live in Milford and remember it from a long time ago when I lived in Novi/Wallled lake and came out here for the secretary of state. Much improved. A lot of those places are too pricey for me though.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I live in Milford and remember it from a long time ago when I lived in Novi/Wallled lake and came out here for the secretary of state. Much improved. A lot of those places are too pricey for me though.
Eh, if nothing else it's a nice place for a stroll with the family. It was nostalgia city for me when we were there the other day. We used to eat at "The Flame" (now "Klancy's") after mass on Sundays, and I always remember that place being right next to that (railroad?) bridge over the road.

Our house was actually off of Ormond Rd. down by the White Lake Inn. The roads over there are still dirt, and the neighborhood still just as beautiful. Trees galore.......looked just as it did when we moved thirty some years ago.

I even had to stop at the White Lake Supermarket, which used to be the "Country Store", or something like that. Amazing how many memories a little mom & pop grocery store can evoke!

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 08-26-2012 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
I will tell my BnL, he will be happy to hear others like it as much.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,976 times
I was on vacation two weeks ago and had the typical Glen Arbor/Traverse City/Mackinac runs lined up. Had never followed the coast back from Mackinac and was the first time passing through Petoskey/Charlevoigh etc. Petoskey hands down was 50 times more impressive to me than Traverse City. The water looked better - the rolling topography- the Romeo style homes. Thumbs up to Petoskey (since you started the thread). You guys need to market yourselves more!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
We do the same (eat at Clancys on Sunday after Church when we go to church with my dad). We really enjoy Milford, especially the camera store. Funny, that guy was old when I was a kid. He seems exactly the same 30 years later. Really intersting guy.

My daughter says Clancys haas the best chicken fingers anywhere.

Milford should have a summer shuttle between somewhere in Kensington Park (one of the beaches) and downtown.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We do the same (eat at Clancys on Sunday after Church when we go to church with my dad). We really enjoy Milford, especially the camera store. Funny, that guy was old when I was a kid. He seems exactly the same 30 years later. Really intersting guy.

My daughter says Clancys haas the best chicken fingers anywhere.

Milford should have a summer shuttle between somewhere in Kensington Park (one of the beaches) and downtown.
I went into that store once and I honestly thought the guy was dead, or sleeping with his eyes open. Scared the hell out of me.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I went into that store once and I honestly thought the guy was dead, or sleeping with his eyes open. Scared the hell out of me.
He reminds me of an owl.

He can be very informative if you can get him to talk. he knows a lot about his stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit