Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit's own View Post
plenty of people in Detroit shop and eat at expensive restaurants in the suburbs. Don't believe, go to Benihana (esp the terrible one in Dearborn) on any given day. And you know darn well opening a restaurant in downtown Detroit isn't the same as opening one on 7 mile. Iridescence, Cuisine, Monroe Street steakhouse, London Chop house, Texas de Brazil etc are all in downtown Detroit (area) and seem to be doing just fine. Hell most of the people I know who have been to Texas de Brazil said you need a reservation to even eat there or you'll be waiting over an hr before you're even seated. Dude taking forever to open a restaurant in his hometown (state) is clearly because he had some issue with MI. Like Marvin said homecoming my.....well you know. I'm guessing the popularity of the cheesecake bistro may have something to do with it seeing as I read somewhere that its supposedly the Cheesecake factory's biggest competitor. Not saying its true but....
I was actually in the middle of replying to this guy/girl when my piece of sh*t Chrome browser started acting retarded. Thank you for pretty much summing my unposted paragraph up. Glad I didn't have to type all of this again.

Auther: second paragraph
" According to Tray": The Cheesecake Factory Originated in Detroit

And come on, Metro Detroit is ranked 16th in median household incomes in America.
Ranked even higher than
San Diego which has 2
Dallas which has a whopping 5
Philly which has 2
Kansas City which has 1
Indianapolis which has 2
St. Louis which also has 2
Cleveland (ranked 85th) has 1
I could go on. And for cost of living adjustments it's ranked number 3. It is in the top 20 well paid and most populated areas in the united states, so there is no excuse for that. BTW, the more I learn about the restaurant the more I find out it's a chain catered to suburban areas and is hardly in the city limits of any major city, including NYC. It'll fit perfectly into Novi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
I'm sorry.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
I was also going to point out that there's a few Cheesecake Factories in Baltimore with one located in downtown. So even if not downtown Detroit, he's pretty late at least getting to SE Michigan.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM

406 posts, read 768,923 times
Quote:
maybe all of Detroit is poor, violent and ghetto....just a thought

everybody can't say they heard the same. Wonder why it took him all of this time to open one in MI period? if the suburbs are so great why wasn't that the first place he opened one? exactly
I meant to say isn't poor....

Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
I was actually in the middle of replying to this guy/girl when my piece of sh*t Chrome browser started acting retarded. Thank you for pretty much summing my unposted paragraph up. Glad I didn't have to type all of this again.

Auther: second paragraph
" According to Tray": The Cheesecake Factory Originated in Detroit

And come on, Metro Detroit is ranked 16th in median household incomes in America.
Ranked even higher than
San Diego which has 2
Dallas which has a whopping 5
Philly which has 2
Kansas City which has 1
Indianapolis which has 2
St. Louis which also has 2
Cleveland (ranked 85th) has 1
I could go on. And for cost of living adjustments it's ranked number 3. It is in the top 20 well paid and most populated areas in the united states, so there is no excuse for that. BTW, the more I learn about the restaurant the more I find out it's a chain catered to suburban areas and is hardly in the city limits of any major city, including NYC. It'll fit perfectly into Novi.
+1 exactly! I understand about chrome browser I'm using it right now! lol doesn't it **** you off sometimes. I have to get my Internet explorer fixed asap

Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
I was also going to point out that there's a few Cheesecake Factories in Baltimore with one located in downtown. So even if not downtown Detroit, he's pretty late at least getting to SE Michigan.
+1 (I can't give you anymore rep points either lol) so if the Baltimore area can have a few why can't Metro Detroit? esp since according to everybody on C-D, Metro Detroit is so wealthy and nice

Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,906,480 times
Quote:
+1 (I can't give you anymore rep points either lol) so if the Baltimore area can have a few why can't Metro Detroit? esp since according to everybody on C-D, Metro Detroit is so wealthy and nice
We're not all wealthy and nice. Please refer to the link below and see what I had to say about a large number of suburban Detroiters.//www.city-data.com/forum/detro...detroit-2.html

Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
I've never seen so many people get so worked up over a restaurant. Yeesh. Angry much?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
For the quality steakhouse level, Mortons is not that great. I would put them in the lower middle.
I just saw this. How idiotic. The Ritz Carlton is probably no better than a Quality Inn, right?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
I just saw this. How idiotic. The Ritz Carlton is probably no better than a Quality Inn, right?
Morton is expensive. It is elite. Neither of those make the food particularly good. The food at Morton's is good, it is even great, but it does not compete with out $50 steaks at some other places. But then I have only eaten at the one in L.A. Maybe others are better. Try not to throw around terms like idiotic when you do not know anything about the person you are namecalling. It can make you loo stupid. Namecalling does not strengthen your position, it weakens it. Just leave that stuff out, always, it adds nothing.

However I was not comparing Mortons to McDonalds, I was comparing them to similar steakhouses. Thus, you analogy is not a strong one. Try something Comparable. I will say the Ritz Carleton is no better than Hyatt. At least not better than Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. The one in Dana Point is not better than the four seasons in Fashion Island (IMO). Likewise the food quality at Morton's is not better than the other top notch steakhouses. In its league, it is only mediocre. Try going back and reading the post again. See if you can follow the language. For a quality steakhouse it is only mediocre. The use of the word "quality" as a modifier of "steakhouse" changes the meaning of the statement such that your comparison of hotels is a bit absurd in context. While it would be idiotic to compare Ritz Carleton to Quality Inn, it woudl not be idiotic to compare them to Park Hyatt or Four Seasons, or other comparable high end hotels.

Perhaps you have never been to these places. Ritz Carleton has the most name recognition for high end hotels, but that does not make them the best. Likewise Morton's being a chain, is the most recognizable high end steak house name, except perhaps Ruth Chris (which in most locations I like much better than Mortons). However Mortons taste quality does not compare to some of the top quality steak houses in Dallas/Fort Worth (I would have to look up the names), nor for example, to Trabuco Oaks. If I thought more I could come up with others, but I am tired and have spent enough time teaching you about language and logic without even being paid for it. If you want to know which steakhouses are better than Morton's, look in a travel guide. Goodnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit