Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 724 times

Advertisements

Moving to northern Oakland County. Powers and Pontiac Notre Dame are about the same distance door to door. Powers is several thousand dollars cheaper per year. Single-sex Catholic high schools Marian and Brother Rice in Bloomfield Hills are also options, but a bit further. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 03:25 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
I have never heard of powers. I certainly know of Brother Rice. It is a good private school. Country Day is also nearby and has a good reputation. If reputation is your primary concern, spring for $36K a year and send the kid to Cranbrook. National reputation.

Of course no matter which one you choose, in college, your kids will be sitting next to my kid from local public schools, and both will be sitting next to some kids from an awful school in Taylor, or Ypsilanti. Which one of them will be the boss? the one who is tthe best salesman.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Powers has an excellent reputation. They moved a few years ago to a new campus which was formerly used by the Michigan School for the Deaf. It is conveniently located and in a much safer part of Flint than their former campus.
I don't know anyone with kids there currently, but I know quite a few former graduates.
I can't speak for the other schools.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,942,015 times
Commuting to Brother Rice or Marian would be obscene from Northern Oakland County for high school. If you really wanted to send your kids there, you should probably live closer in Bloomfield Twp or Troy at the least.

Notre Dame Prep really grew big with the boom in the late-90s/early 2000s in North Oakland County and has really grown into a very good school.

No idea about Powers since that doesn't draw students from Metro Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit