Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:49 PM

369 posts, read 1,639,422 times

Advertisements

Are there any neighborhoods in Detroit that are nice, with low crime, and family oriented. I know there are some nicer sections but I've heard that it is mostly just rich old white people in those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 AM

866 posts, read 4,258,309 times
I guess that you can consider Indian Village, Boston-Edison, or Rosedale Park what you described. It really is not all "white" though, it is about 50 white, 50 African American.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM

282 posts, read 1,169,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
I guess that you can consider Indian Village, Boston-Edison, or Rosedale Park what you described. It really is not all "white" though, it is about 50 white, 50 African American.
Yes, the "historic" areas. Gorgeous homes, property taxes up the wazoo, go one block out of those neighborhoods and you are entering the HOOD.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM

7 posts, read 18,719 times
lived in in taylor redford,detroit is not a nice place to live
like zak said the upper class area's are nice but ounce your out of there well
dont forget to bring your pistol!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Corktown, Eastpointe, St. Clair Shores, Berkley, or Indian Village in Pontiac. Those all fit your description.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 PM

866 posts, read 4,258,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Corktown, Eastpointe, St. Clair Shores, Berkley, or Indian Village in Pontiac. Those all fit your description.
Indian Village in Pontiac?? Indian Village is in Detroit. And I think that the thread asked for nice places in DETROIT.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 PM

188 posts, read 607,637 times
And Eastpointe??? PULEASE!!!! That place is just a smaller version of Warren.

There are some sections of Harper Woods (7mile/I-94) that are still DECENT but the homes will cost you an arm and a leg. The surrounding areas though, as mentioned above, you're not as safe after dark.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:57 PM

369 posts, read 1,639,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
I haven't heard good things about Boston-Edison/Arden Park area in recent years. I looked at google's "street view" thing and even though there were some HUGE homes, it looked like alot of them were in serious decline. I was looking at street view the other night and I was looking at another area. I think it was called Grosse Point Park. It looked similar to Boston-Edison, except it looked alot better maintained. It was around Alter Rd. I think. Is this part of Detroit or is it the very beginning of the "suburbs".

Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holloway1010 View Post
I haven't heard good things about Boston-Edison/Arden Park area in recent years. I looked at google's "street view" thing and even though there were some HUGE homes, it looked like alot of them were in serious decline. I was looking at street view the other night and I was looking at another area. I think it was called Grosse Point Park. It looked similar to Boston-Edison, except it looked alot better maintained. It was around Alter Rd. I think. Is this part of Detroit or is it the very beginning of the "suburbs".
Grosse Point Park is a suburb so it has the better city services and park system, but it's generally less expensive than Grosse Point.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:46 PM

188 posts, read 607,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Grosse Point Park is a suburb so it has the better city services and park system, but it's generally less expensive than Grosse Point.
Yep, right on the border to ghettoville will do that to a place. My aunt lives about 3 houses up from Jefferson just a couple streets from Alter. Nice neighborhood, but getting there can be a little nerve racking. I hate driving down cadiuex into GPP. Such scenery is just uncalled for. They really need to clean that place up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit