Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 AM

69 posts, read 233,030 times

Advertisements

I am getting ready to come back home for a few weeks from summer school. Now, my question is what are all of the hotspots to go party, or just go out to have fun? I am a mid-20 male.

I used to go to Pontiac quite frequently(Tonic, Tiki's, on occasion Clutch Cargo's(don't to care for that place anymore as ive gotten older.)), but those places have gone down the drain as not too many seem to go there anymore.

I go to Royal Oak everynow and then to Woody's. I like Ann Arbor as well but I find I don't enjoy these places as much as I used to. So now I am looking for new places to try out just kick back an fun.

So where are your favorite nightspots?

P.S. - I have a few things about this club in Novi, MI called Embargo, has anyone been there?

Last edited by ADshock81; 08-03-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Not many 20-somethings around here are there?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:14 PM

734 posts, read 2,618,263 times
Go to MGM downtown. Royal Oak is still fun. I know people that still hang out in Pontiac, but it's usually just for a while before going someplace better. Rochester has some nice places downtown, but probably not quite as appealing if you don't live in the area I guess. I hear downtown Mt. Clemens is decent. I know a lot of people that hangout in Novi too (Tequila Rain, Lucky's).

Old 08-03-2008, 06:41 PM

What exactly does MGM downtown have to offer? And what about rochester? I've never really heard much about it over there....hmmm

Old 11-29-2009, 06:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,842 times
Royal oak is definitely the place for the younger crowd, thats the only place you can go to during the week and actually have people in the bars. Anywhere else is a ghost town except for weekends.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:45 PM

449 posts, read 934,781 times
Embargo is a big crowded dance club like many others. Haven't been dow town in years but RO, Ferndale, Birmingham hasn't changed. Depends what you like and what area you are in. There are so many clubs in greater Detroit it's tough to narrow them down.

I am too old for those places and I like actually being able to meet women so I look for good happy hour places or neighborhood dives when I have time. Busy clubs are a waste of time IMO. You couldn't pay me to hang out in Novi but I'm no longer in college.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:36 AM

266 posts, read 853,498 times
I think Royal Oak is great for the younger set! I'm in my 30's and live in Ferndale, my favorites are Dino's Lounge, the Woodward Avenue Brewery, and a few others around 9 Mile & Woodward (we seem to end up at Dino's most often, especially on Tuesday when they run happy hour specials all afternoon and evening long). Rosie O'Grady's seems to attract a younger crowd on the weekend evenings, or during any major sporting event. I love their food but it gets too crazy there for me, it gets REALLY CROWDED sometimes! Also Buffalo Wild Wings across the street seems to get a good crowd. I haven't been to Boogie Fever yet, I hear mixed reviews - fun if you like dancing and 70's/80's music, a little expensive and cheezy sometimes (I hear). People also love Danny's Irish Pub as far as dive bars go, but like any good dive bar it is real small and real smoky. Oh, also Loving Touch for the best billiards setup and cleanest bathrooms anywhere!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,964 times
Why is it nightlife always has to consist of bars?

I'm 28, and all ic an ever find to do at night is go to bars.

Also, this post is over a year old... so i bet ADSHOCK found something to do.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 PM

266 posts, read 853,498 times
What exactly did you have in mind then? Book club?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit