Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,448 times

Advertisements

I am 39 yrs. and ready to make a change.I know how to read and do basic math but not that go. I am on welfare and can't do it any more. I am ready to get my life back on track with a good job. I would like to better my career and attend college for medical assistant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie sampson View Post
I am 39 yrs. and ready to make a change.I know how to read and do basic math but not that go. I am on welfare and can't do it any more. I am ready to get my life back on track with a good job. I would like to better my career and attend college for medical assistant.
First of all..you gotta want it and want it bad. You gotta put all your energy into making a change. No one is gonna hand you anything, and its not gonna be easy. Most people wake up one day and say they want to make a change...but by the end of the day of thinking how tough it may be...they just give up. Its something that will take total commitment. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:57 PM

274 posts, read 627,555 times
There's no better time then the PRESENT! There is no better feeling than accomplishing a goal you set for yourself. I spent my Middle School and High School summers working my butt off on a farm. Then after H.S. I did what most men in my area did, I got a job in the factory. After being forced to work 12 hour days 7 days a week (this was the from 93'-99') I decided to make a life change.

So I decided to get into the the I.T. Field. I set goals to get industry leading certifications and so far I have achieved those goals. And NOTHING feels better than knowing that everyday you study, you are one day closer to that goal! My career has allowed me to move from S.E. MI down to Tampa, FL for 3 1/2 yrs and live the beach life. Then I moved up to Atlanta, GA for 2 years. So that choice I made to better my life allowed me to move around a bit. And on top of that, the hours are a lot better!!

But the South really isn't for me. Way too HOT and HUMID so I am moving back to MI in less than 2 weeks (June 11th). Want to eventually end up in Grand Rapids to settle down.

If you put your mind to it and work hard, you can accomplish anything you want. Don't let anyone try to beat your dreams down either. Set a goal, work hard, and knock it out of the park!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
I wonder how many other valuable members of our community have delayed looking for a job because of the disabling consequences of welfare.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:39 AM

837 posts, read 2,333,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder how many other valuable members of our community have delayed looking for a job because of the disabling consequences of welfare.
Apparently ALL of them according to our conservative right winged blowhards who contend that people receiving unemployment insurance benefits amounts to welfare

Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
There's a difference between being unable to find a job and not looking for a job because you haven't reached the point where you "can't do it anymore".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit