Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,240,110 times

Advertisements

I was Type 2 diabetic and on oral meds for 25 years - in the past 4 years I have lost weight (I'm half the size I was) , been off all meds and my blood sugar has been completely controlled. However....my neurpathy continues to get worse - much pain and numbness in my feet and calves, also some imbalance. I have taken Lyrica with only limited relief.

Recently I talked to someone who has neuropathy (altho it was NOT caused my diabetis) that is being treated very successfully with acupuncture.

Has anyone here had any experience with using acupuncture for treatment of diabetic neuropathy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 12:02 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
No but I have had good success with Neurontin.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 7,272 times
I am a senior intern at my particular Chinese Medicine college and I have successfully treated diabetic neuropathy with acupuncture. It's very effective and very safe! My patient was very happy with the results. We were also able to help some non-healing, open sores heal and completely close up after he had lived with this for over 8 years.

If you are interested, be sure and find an acupuncturist who is *licensed* and has received sufficient training in chinese medicine (meaning they attended an accredited school for it and graduated, instead of just took some weekend courses).
[url=http://www.acufinder.com/]Find an Acupuncturists, Acupuncture School, Acupuncture Class, News, Articles and Information[/url]
This is a good website to find licensed acupuncturists. You should also look for local acupuncturists using reviews sites such as "yelp" or "citysearch" or just google for one! )

Good luck to you!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:59 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,240,110 times
Thanks for the information. The acupuncturist in our area is a licensed chiropractor and also has a degree from an acupuncture school that I have been told is reputable. He's not your stereotypical practioner of chinese medicine (blond, Wranglers, cowboy boots) but is well respected. I believe I'm getting miserable enough to take the step (no pun intended) to try his services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes