Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 03:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So I was sitting here and suddenly became aware I was having some symptoms that I usually associate with low sugar. Mostly I was light headed and a little dizzy and shaking just a little. When it's real low, I shake real bad and start sweating profusely. I knew my blood sugar was not low because I had just eaten. I checked my BS and it was actually really high. Like 406. My BS tends to be all over the chart lately. So is light headness and dizziness also a symptom of high blood sugar? I've been diabetic for a while and do not remember feeling like this when my blood sugar is hight
Diabetes is a desease that basically eats you alive over the years,i suspect your new condition is diabetes destroying another part of your system. liver or kidneys perhaps?notify a doctor of your condition,a blood test will be informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I am in remarkably decent shape given the shape I am in. Blood pressure is normal. No liver or kidney issues yet. And I have got my blood sugar back down to normal readings. It was 90 when I woke up yesterday and 130 at bedtime. I am eating better, walking more and on new insulin. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:05 AM

164 posts, read 127,358 times
Hi,
If your blood sugar level is too high, you may experience:
Increased thirst
Frequent urination
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Shortness of breath
Stomach pain
Fruity breath odor
A very dry mouth
A rapid heartbeat
Thanks.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:09 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,872,370 times
When my blood sugar is higher than usual it is typically felt as being quite warm and sweaty, and thirsty. The thirst causes you to drink a lot meaning you then go to the toilet more.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:03 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So I was sitting here and suddenly became aware I was having some symptoms that I usually associate with low sugar. Mostly I was light headed and a little dizzy and shaking just a little. When it's real low, I shake real bad and start sweating profusely. I knew my blood sugar was not low because I had just eaten. I checked my BS and it was actually really high. Like 406. My BS tends to be all over the chart lately. So is light headness and dizziness also a symptom of high blood sugar? I've been diabetic for a while and do not remember feeling like this when my blood sugar is hight
There is something called "relative low blood sugar" or hypoglycemia. The concept is that even though you are high, if you fall a significant amount, you can experience symptoms of low blood sugar. For example you tested your blood sugar at 406. Is it possible you fell to that point from 550? That could produce symptoms of low blood sugar even though you weren't low.

I don't need to tell you, these are very high blood sugars. You need to do more to control them.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:30 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Diabetes is a desease that basically eats you alive over the years,i suspect your new condition is diabetes destroying another part of your system. liver or kidneys perhaps?notify a doctor of your condition,a blood test will be informative.
True, that's why when I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, I looked for answers and after reading the book The Plant paradox and following the guidelines in that book, I completely reversed diabetes. My Dr. was so impressed that she read the book, followed the guidelines with great results and is now recommending to all of her diabetes patients.

All of the ills of my diabetes are gone now, my cholesterol is in the good range, bp is 110/70, weight is in ideal range (lost 40 lbs of gut fat) and I look and feel remarkable.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
True, that's why when I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, I looked for answers and after reading the book The Plant paradox and following the guidelines in that book, I completely reversed diabetes. My Dr. was so impressed that she read the book, followed the guidelines with great results and is now recommending to all of her diabetes patients.

All of the ills of my diabetes are gone now, my cholesterol is in the good range, bp is 110/70, weight is in ideal range (lost 40 lbs of gut fat) and I look and feel remarkable.
Glad it worked for youTT in getting your diabetes under control however his dietary approach is contrversial and relies on much opinion than fact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0leFsZc7zY

Old 12-30-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Glad it worked for youTT in getting your diabetes under control however his dietary approach is contrversial and relies on much opinion than fact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0leFsZc7zY
Everyone that I know that has done the diet has gotten awesome results including me. I trust Dr. Gundry 10 million times more than that kid in the video "debunking The Plant Paradox."

So far, no one that has done that diet has gotten anything but great results as far as I'm aware. At the end of the day, I don't care what anyone says, my results have been outstanding and nothing else I did before did...so who would you believe if you were me, someone that gave you advice that saved your life or someone who didn't?

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 12-30-2018 at 09:19 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 AM

What aspect of this diet do you believe is most responsible for your success?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
What aspect of this diet do you believe is most responsible for your success?
1. Balancing my nutrition with a much great proportion of good fats, reducing bad carbs, reducing bad meats and proteins...bad ones are the ones that damage your gut
2. Not eating such things as cashews, peanuts, potatoes, peanut butter,
3. Discontinued taking aleve
4. Eating largely just wild caught seafood for meat protein
5. Stopped eating most fruits

For me, following his diet recommendations has not been difficult and my results have been incredible as have many others. So far, I haven't seen any negatives other than I'm now a picky eater and it's harder to shop and impossible to find a restaurant where it's close to what is recommended. I haven't noticed any negative aspects to my body from following the diet, only wonderful results in every way that I can see or has been tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes