Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 12:00 AM

240 posts, read 586,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Mine went down to 22 and I didn't have any sweating, rapid heartbeat till after paramedics got to the house.

How low can your blood sugar go before it dangerous?
You say when the paramedics got to the house. I assume they told you the reading when you regained consciousness because at 22 you are long past the stage of passing out and well within the range of passing away.
I would highly recommend you work on doing a much better job of controlling your sugar. Next time there is a good chance you won't be reporting on here.
Sad part of it is so many people say I got away with it last time so why worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 10:32 AM

10,329 posts, read 6,876,687 times
I'd be watching it like a hawk, if I had a number in the 50's...

22 is wayyy beyond that.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:04 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,681,819 times
I used to have a 1992 Mazda B2200. Occasionally, when I was driving around with 1/2 to a full tank, the gas gauge needle would drop to zero in the space of 3-5 seconds, then go back to where it was. It scared the crap out of me the first time it happened. I thought something had punctured the gas tank and looked in the rearview mirror to see if gas was leaking all over the road.

Now either magic gas elves stole all my gas and then put the gas back a few seconds later, or my gas gauge was faulty. Take your pick, but I decided to believe in magic gas elves that needed to use my gas for a few seconds and then would put it back unharmed. I figured that in the future I could call upon these magic gas elves when I needed their assistance, say in slaying a dragon or something.

I honestly think some of you guys would try to convince me it was just a faulty gas gauge.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:13 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,255,001 times
When I am in the 60's I get either so sleepy I have to sleep or I can start sweating and feeling very anxious. In the 70's I am typically ok but I know I need to eat something.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:18 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,692,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
When I am in the 60's I get either so sleepy I have to sleep or I can start sweating and feeling very anxious. In the 70's I am typically ok but I know I need to eat something.
I have never had mine go low. Sometimes when I am stupid and eat stuff I shouldn't I get extremely sleepy and can't help but fall asleep when my BS goes way up.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:26 PM

27 posts, read 18,160 times
Assuming your meters are good, you should not let it get below 60 . However, every is different. Some years ago, I could work until "feeling" down from not eating. When I would check BS it would be tad over 60. NOW, saying that, am older and can not allow numbers to get near that low. I can tell it effecting at anything less than 90. So, be careful out there and don't get caught leaning the wrong way. Diet very important here, and nobody going to do it for you. Good Luck CYA

Old 06-05-2021, 11:20 PM

240 posts, read 586,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13levine View Post
You say when the paramedics got to the house. I assume they told you the reading when you regained consciousness because at 22 you are long past the stage of passing out and well within the range of passing away.
I would highly recommend you work on doing a much better job of controlling your sugar. Next time there is a good chance you won't be reporting on here.
Sad part of it is so many people say I got away with it last time so why worry.
On the other hand I think someone is pulling our leg. From my experience with much higher lows I don't think a person would survive 22. It's just posted to create some controversy.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:01 PM

7,280 posts, read 5,162,086 times
Low BS-- development of symptoms like tachycardia, tremors, sweating (all caused by elevated adrenalin levels, BTW) depend on how fast your BS falls, more than how low it goes-- a Slow fall from, say, 100 to 40 may not bring on the symptoms, but a fast fall from 200 to 150 may....It also depends on having an intact autonomic nervous system--ie- you can sense the low BS and react to it. If you have diabetic autonomic neuropathy, you might not be able to do that.

How low a BS goes before mental clouding --> coma set in, probably has no absolute answer. Any reading below 60 and mentation is probably affected noticeably to those around you. You may be too goofy to realize it at that point.

I highly suspect the accuracy of any reading below 40 or even 50 so the 22 obtained by the OP is probably erroneous.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:29 AM

24 posts, read 16,983 times
Low sugar level keep the legs chilled like ice, no movement. How it can be so normal, rare case I have seen!

Old 06-27-2021, 10:27 PM

20 posts, read 13,647 times
If your blood sugar level goes below 70 mg/dL, you might start feeling tired, weak or shaky. But if your blood sugar drops down up to 30 or 20 mg/dL, you might lose consciousness and possibly die. If you are pregnant, your baby could be harmed. A blood sugar level below 54 mg/dL is a cause for immediate action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes