Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 06:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times

Advertisements

In the meantime(before the law changes and new cure for diabetis),PLAN BETTER.
Make sure you dont run out of whatever you need .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 07:10 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,407,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
It's not right that you had to go through all that when It should have been easy for the Doctor to have it automatically sent as a digital or fax script.

I don't know about insulin injections so please forgive my ignorance. Why don't they make it like the pen thing? where it is already premeasured for the patient? or is insulin an as needed injections?
When is someone every going to come up with a cure.
There are basically 2 types of insulin. Long acting and short acting. Long acting is typically taken once or twice a day, and the dosage is typically always the same.

Short acting is usually taken right before you eat or drink anything that has carbohydrates in it, and it will vary depending on what and how much you are eating and drinking. You have to do your best guestimate of how many carbs you are about to consume and then do some math in your head in order to give yourself the right dosage of insulin. If you guess wrong and take a little too much insulin, it can be very dangerous.

Insulin pens and the old-school vial and needle method both work pretty much the same way. You figure out how many units you need, and then you stab it into yourself and shove in the juice.

I take both types of insulin, with both methods. My long acting is vial and needle, short acting is a pen.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:33 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Canadians dont have to do that.

I was far from home I screwed up left my insulin behind and unlike a Canadian I was poop out of luck. On the highway in a car traveling and I messed up left my stuff behind.

Everyone makes mistakes loses wallets kar keys ect.

But I am an American diabetic. So we couldent just pull of the next exit roll into the pharmacy I buy insulin like I am not in "murica" no it was a hassle from hell

If I was not "murican" would have stopped next exit nearest pharmacy.... Need some insulin thanks !

No it "murica" like I wanted Xanax or Oxycodone play the whole RX game for my insulin. Play all these games.

How about the topic here?

Why just "murican" diabetics have this crap ?

Call me out be irresposible OK. Messed up left my stuff behind. I am the bad guy ?

Step up tell me why just "muricans" got to deal with the whole RX thing. Step up. Post tell me hotshot

Tell me.
Option 1: If you use a chain pharmacy you just need to go to the nearest one. They can easily fill it. The catch is the cost of the new insulin if it’s too early to refill. You just need to call your insurance company. An early refill is waaayyy cheaper for them than an ER visit so most will authorize an early refill.

Option 2: You go to the local ER. The ER will set you up with enough insulin/supplies for 1-2 days or a new prescription if you are going to be away from your insulin for longer. You might need to get early fill authorization from your insurance company. Most will do this because filling the prescription early is cheaper than you going to the ER every other day to get new supplies.

Option 3: Go to Walmart and get the OTC version with supplies, with price varying on the type you choose to get.

Option 4: If you are type II diabetic, while not exactly great for your body, it is possible to miss shots without it turning into an emergency on a limited occasion. For best results in this bad situation eating as low of carbs as possible will help alleviate some of the stress on the body.

Option 5: You, as a person with a chronic disease in which having insulin available and accessible for use is critical, act like a responsible adult and make having it in your possession the most important consideration when leaving the house. Mistakes happen but it sounds like you are arguing you shouldn’t have to act responsibility to assure you can have access to medication you need to live.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:49 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
Diabetics should also carry some sweets with them,my brother in law wished he had some with him once

Old 07-29-2022, 08:02 PM

398 posts, read 206,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
In the meantime(before the law changes and new cure for diabetis),PLAN BETTER.
Make sure you dont run out of whatever you need .

I am tired but I ill tell you this.The slang for buying insulin outside the system is called life water.

The slang fot buying heroin at least back in the day before fentanol was called roofing tar.

Irs so inceadably awful you need a doctor who has no clue perscribe you.

Too many people who are not diabetic trolling my thread,

No one will awnser. Ho does it work if I dont jump the get an RX I just die.

What happens I need insulin but I refuse to pay out my butt and jump the hoops?

I guess I die,

My independence everything about me, dead now.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:05 PM

I am gratful the bio chenist amke the stuff keep me alive.

But I am not a circus animal. I got no problem paying money

I just want to know what happends I dont jump the hoops.

I guess I die.

"MURICA"

Old 07-29-2022, 08:15 PM

Isnt it messed up?

Underground trade for insulin. I have done it. $300 for a vial from the pharmacy after I get permissin to buy it or take expired stuff from other diabetics.

Their is a whole world not that many pepe know about, but I do.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:25 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Isnt it messed up?

Underground trade for insulin. I have done it. $300 for a vial from the pharmacy after I get permissin to buy it or take expired stuff from other diabetics.

Their is a whole world not that many pepe know about, but I do.
Well that is just stupid when you can legally buy a vial of insulin from Walmart with no prescription for $25.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:33 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,503,461 times
Quote:
I have done it. $300 for a vial from the pharmacy after I get permissin to buy it or take expired stuff from other diabetics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Well that is just stupid when you can legally buy a vial of insulin from Walmart with no prescription for $25.
I_am_too_sweet, can you explain why you can't get the walmart insulin? I'm confused also.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yep I can have the old stuff thats more difficult and more dngerous. I am worthless but no I am not I am a "murican" diabetic a cash cow.

Scumbags they got their money but want more and more and more low life scraps of the earth V https://www.google.com/search?q=pate...eening+insulin

Scum of he earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes