Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 11:48 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,406,420 times

Advertisements

You need to get over it. Yes, Type 1 sucks! Yes, big pharma sucks, yes the system sucks, yes, needing insulin to live sucks.

It is what it is. There are programs out there to help pay for all or a portion of your expenses if you need help.

I take Lantus and Humalog. The manufacturer of Lantus has a discount card you can sign up for from their website to help cover most of the cost of Lantus - even if you've got insurance. Humalog has a special deal with Walmart/Sam's Club to sell a "generic version" of Humalog that's cheaper than the "normal version". I put it in quotes because it's actually the exact same thing, the only difference is that the special Walmart version says "Relion Humalog" on the label, while the "non generic" version just says Humalog. It's really the exact same thing though, made from the same company.

So anyways, look for these discount cards and/or other ways to make your costs more affordable.

Even though you hate jumping through these hoops like a circus animal, you still have to do it. It's just part of the deal. That's the hand you were dealt. Lots of people have health problems that they need to deal with every day, and things suck for them too. Even people who have no arms or legs have to figure out a way to keep going each day. Complaing doesn't really help anything.

And yes, America isn't perfect. There are things that other countries do better. Once again, too bad. Get over it. It is what it is.

Weather you like it or not, you are an American and you have Type 1 Diabetes. Figure out how to do the best you can with these hands you have been dealt. That's really all you can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 01:15 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,311,348 times
In Australia you have to have a prescription to get insulin. I would be surprised if there are not many other countries where prescriptions are required.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:35 AM

398 posts, read 206,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
You need to get over it. Yes, Type 1 sucks! Yes, big pharma sucks, yes the system sucks, yes, needing insulin to live sucks.

It is what it is. There are programs out there to help pay for all or a portion of your expenses if you need help.

I take Lantus and Humalog. The manufacturer of Lantus has a discount card you can sign up for from their website to help cover most of the cost of Lantus - even if you've got insurance. Humalog has a special deal with Walmart/Sam's Club to sell a "generic version" of Humalog that's cheaper than the "normal version". I put it in quotes because it's actually the exact same thing, the only difference is that the special Walmart version says "Relion Humalog" on the label, while the "non generic" version just says Humalog. It's really the exact same thing though, made from the same company.

So anyways, look for these discount cards and/or other ways to make your costs more affordable.

Even though you hate jumping through these hoops like a circus animal, you still have to do it. It's just part of the deal. That's the hand you were dealt. Lots of people have health problems that they need to deal with every day, and things suck for them too. Even people who have no arms or legs have to figure out a way to keep going each day. Complaing doesn't really help anything.

And yes, America isn't perfect. There are things that other countries do better. Once again, too bad. Get over it. It is what it is.

Weather you like it or not, you are an American and you have Type 1 Diabetes. Figure out how to do the best you can with these hands you have been dealt. That's really all you can do.
"it is what it is" definition :

An expression used by people when they are attempting to be insightful but either have no clue what to say next, are incapable of coming up with something meaningful/intelligent to say"

Read more https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...t%20it%20is%22

Old 07-30-2022, 04:47 AM

Its heartbreking.

I thought I made a good argument.

I think thee stereotype of diabetics is true. Lazy slobs.

I thought it was a good argument. Why Cant 'murican' diabetics have the same freedom as Canadians ?

I got to read a reply with that awful stupid saying "it is what it is"

How awful

Old 07-30-2022, 06:12 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,406,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Its heartbreking.

I thought I made a good argument.

I think thee stereotype of diabetics is true. Lazy slobs.

I thought it was a good argument. Why Cant 'murican' diabetics have the same freedom as Canadians ?

I got to read a reply with that awful stupid saying "it is what it is"

How awful

What the hell? I thought I made a good argument too. Sometimes you have to accept the things that you can not change, like how Canada is better than the United States in some ways.

By me saying "it is what it is", it doesn't mean that I'm stupid or a lazy slob, it means that I am able to accept reality.

To me, a lazy slob is someone who goes on a trip several miles from home without their diabetic supplies that they depend on to live, and they apparently don't own a vehicle or have any way to get to a clinic without having to beg others for help, and they realize that because they put themself in a bad situation they now need to cast blame upon everyone else around them.

You really shouldn't beat yourself up (or the country that you live in) just because you have a few hurdles in your path. Maybe you could quit being such a lazy 'murican", and figure out a way to go over or around those hurdles, like many thousands of other Type 1 diabetics from this country have figured out how to do.

Last edited by bfrabel; 07-30-2022 at 06:41 AM..

Old 07-30-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
What the hell? I thought I made a good argument too. Sometimes you have to accept the things that you can not change, like how Canada is better than the United States in some ways.

By me saying "it is what it is", it doesn't mean that I'm stupid or a lazy slob, it means that I am able to accept reality.

To me, a lazy slob is someone who goes on a trip several miles from home without their diabetic supplies that they depend on to live, and they apparently don't own a vehicle or have any way to get to a clinic without having to beg others for help, and they realize that because they put themself in a bad situation they now need to cast blame upon everyone else around them.

You really shouldn't beat yourself up (or the country that you live in) just because you have a few hurdles in your path. Maybe you could quit being such a lazy 'murican", and figure out a way to go over or around those hurdles, like many thousands of other Type 1 diabetics from this country have figured out how to do.
Fact is before I drop dead if someone said no insulin cause I did not jump the hoops I would just take it from them.

One of us will be dead and not me.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:41 AM

So what ever man, do what your told like a good little cash cow slave,

Old 07-30-2022, 07:41 AM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
38 million people have diabetes in the US. Vast majority find a treatment and make it work. There will always be people that struggle finding answers to what others find simple.

Old 07-30-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
38 million people have diabetes in the US. Vast majority find a treatment and make it work. There will always be people that struggle finding answers to what others find simple.
Simply be a cash cow slave. Get in line do what your told.

OK make me. I buy my insulin off the street. Diabetics who have extras expired stuff.

Thats what I do. Its cheaper.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:03 AM

5,426 posts, read 3,500,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Simply be a cash cow slave. Get in line do what your told.

OK make me. I buy my insulin off the street. Diabetics who have extras expired stuff.

Thats what I do. Its cheaper.
Since you didn't reply to my earlier question, maybe you can reply to this one. Others said you can get insulin for $25 without a perscription at Walmart. Why can't you do that? Seriously, I would like to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes