Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 01:34 AM

398 posts, read 206,497 times

Advertisements

Why cant I just watch TV without thinking about damn diabetes ?

I have to think about it every damn time I eat why cant I just watch TV without those damn ads and forget about damn bllood sugar for a little wile ?

Oh Oh "OZEMPIC" and the rest of those ads can goto hell.

I am not the only one who hates all those ads, no way i hate ozempic commercial - Google Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 10:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I really don't pay attention or notice those much, because they are usually short and not that annoying (type 2 here). It's the Medicare supplement ads with JJ Walker or Joe Namath or the celebrities selling the ripoff auto warranty that drive me nuts.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:16 AM

7,259 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Why do Pharm Cos advertize on TV at all?...It's the doc who makes the decisions, not the pt. It's not a candy store-- "I'll have 5 cents worth of Ozempic, 10 cents worth of Trulicity and ...."

My favorite line is "Be sure to tell your doctor if you have "X"...Shouldn't your doctor be telling you you have "X"?...And what do we care that the announcer is "not a doctor" (or a lawyer in those other ads)?

Old 05-13-2022, 03:37 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
"I'll have 5 cents worth of Ozempic, 10 cents worth of Trulicity and ...."

LOL, that would be selling by the molecule...... I dont think there is even such thing as five and ten cent candies anymore. Maybe if somebody will sell you single hard candy out of a bulk bag of candy.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:48 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,996 times
Quote:
Why do Pharm Cos advertize on TV at all?...It's the doc who makes the decisions, not the pt. It's not a candy store-- "I'll have 5 cents worth of Ozempic, 10 cents worth of Trulicity and ...."

My favorite line is "Be sure to tell your doctor if you have "X"...Shouldn't your doctor be telling you you have "X"?...And what do we care that the announcer is "not a doctor" (or a lawyer in those other ads)?
It educates the public on conditions that their friends, family and co-workers might have. They also know to recognize symptoms from the ads, and more importantly that there is help for the condition. For example, not everyone knows about or realizes they or someone they know has depression, or asthma, and will encourage them to get help from a medical doctor. Drug ads are a great thing. If you think the purpose of the drug ad is for people totally unrelated to the condition to go seek prescriptions than you truly don't understand advertising. You might as well say if you were hungry, you would go to the grocery store and find food, none of the restaurants, grocery stores or products found in the grocery stores need to advertise. And we know that is not true. The co-insurance costs for a doctor's office visit are around the price of pizza, but people need to be informed and educated to know to go there to begin with.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:48 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post

I have to think about it every damn time I eat why cant I just watch TV without those damn ads and forget about damn bllood sugar for a little wile ?

I am not the only one who hates all those ads, no way i hate ozempic commercial - Google Search
the Pharm companies need to make more money! those ads should never have been allowed on tv. I always thought it was the dr deciding what the patient needed and then discussing the treatments with the patients! Silly me!

Old 10-27-2022, 11:44 AM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
I don't watch live TV, and haven't for many years. I also cut off cable TV in 2010. Commercials are bypassed 100% and life is better for it!

Old 10-27-2022, 02:25 PM

7,259 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
It educates the public on conditions that their friends, family and co-workers might have. They also know to recognize symptoms from the ads, and more importantly that there is help for the condition. For example, not everyone knows about or realizes they or someone they know has depression, or asthma, and will encourage them to get help from a medical doctor. Drug ads are a great thing. If you think the purpose of the drug ad is for people totally unrelated to the condition to go seek prescriptions than you truly don't understand advertising. You might as well say if you were hungry, you would go to the grocery store and find food, none of the restaurants, grocery stores or products found in the grocery stores need to advertise. And we know that is not true. The co-insurance costs for a doctor's office visit are around the price of pizza, but people need to be informed and educated to know to go there to begin with.
Let me guess...You work as a Spin Doctor for a political party, right?...Try quantifying your qualitative arguement-- How many people with common diseases (DM, CAD etc) haven't sought medicl attention and will do so because they saw an ad?...and how many sales will an ad increase for a rare disease being addressed?

Forty y/a, I stopped at a local watering hole downtown to refresh myself after work. In between jokes and oggling the local secretarial talent, I struck up a coonversation with the guy sitting next to me at the bar. He turned out to be an advertising exec...I asked him why so many actors of a certain demographic group determined by genetics had begun apearing in so many TV adds lately...after all, I reasoned, that group represents only 12% of the population and controls only 3% of the money...Simple, he replied, That particular group is the only one naive enough to be significantly influencd by ads, and, while they have only 3% of the money, it's still millions and millions of dollars and we're trying to get it as additional sales.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...The purpose of an ad is make the horse thirsty so it will want to drink...but in this case, even a thirsty horse can't be led to water except by the physician.

Old 10-29-2022, 05:21 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post

For what they Charge for Ozempic wish they could send some money to me. Why charge $1023 per pen per month. IMHO they should force the drug co to state in their ad what it costs. For those of us on Part D Medicare blow through deductible the first month.

Old 12-15-2022, 06:31 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,995 times
Quote:

I agree, not a fan of pharma ads in general. And they all sound the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes