Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 07:56 PM

257 posts, read 165,592 times

Advertisements

This is also a creepshow https://www.freestyle.abbott/in-en/terms-of-use.html

I am going to buy one from the dark web

in Canada and everyplace else besides "murica". You can buy any insulin, pump supplies, a pump, a CGM and/or supplies, needles, syringes, test strips, whatever, all without a prescription.

America my country of "murica" can take there medical mafia and stick it, I wont play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 08:03 PM

Its absolutely true, I hate this country.

Diabetics every other place in the world can just buy any and all of their supplies OTC but Americans forced to jump hoops like circus animals and forced to pay the highest prices on top of it.

I resent it real bad.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:30 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootDiabetic View Post
This is also a creepshow https://www.freestyle.abbott/in-en/terms-of-use.html

I am going to buy one from the dark web

in Canada and everyplace else besides "murica". You can buy any insulin, pump supplies, a pump, a CGM and/or supplies, needles, syringes, test strips, whatever, all without a prescription.

America my country of "murica" can take there medical mafia and stick it, I wont play.
Have you actually been to any of these places?

I personally have no problem with giving my real information to receive a prescription product.

Old 12-28-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Have you actually been to any of these places?

I personally have no problem with giving my real information to receive a prescription product.

I just get tired of diabetes and the circus animal hoops of the system. Probably would have been better off if I never read about Americans going to mexico and canada and buying everything they need OTC and the good insulin at a tenth the price.

Its supposed to be big fat great America worlds most kick butt country but we have people dying from rationing insulin cause our government cares more about pharma profits then us.? Its disgusting.

They enable it by blocking imports again a free police force so pharma can price gouge americans.

Its just terrible learned all about this after my diagnosis. Before that not a clue.

Its too bad, their are enough diabetics we could bully both sides of politics same way like the corn farmers and them making us put their stupid ethanol in the gasoline.

Diabetics easily outnumber corn farmers but we have no political power at all. I researched it, every so called diabetes "advocacy" group is controlled opposition.

Oh well.

Old 01-12-2023, 06:29 PM

Finally got my new phone so I could download the app for the Libre 3. Put in on a couple hours ago and everything was fairly easy. The sensor that you put on the back of your arm is a little smaller than a nickel. Since I recently stopped using Metformin having the CGM should make it a lot easier to watch what I eat.

Old 01-15-2023, 02:43 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Luckily my insurance provider is adding them at the first of the year. They will cover these 2 brands Dexcom G6 and Freestyle Libre.

I know nothing about either. Does anybody have either and do you like it? I would love to hear any pros and cons also.

I am very seriously considering getting one and would like some input before I go to my next doctors appointment.
My wife a sixty year duration diabetic recommends either the Libre 3 or the Dexcom 7 when it shortly becomes avallable. Both are the latest technology available.

The Libre 3 is the smallest and lasts the longest. It will last fourteen days. Its also supposed to be cheaper than the Dexcom 7 will be.

I am told the Dexcom 7 will work/interact with many diabetes insulin pumps if you are on one.

I can recommend TCYOD (Taking Care of Your Diabetes) website. It has a section called "library" that discusses the merits of various CGMs. It also has a lot of good information about diabetes generally that is given by a number of physicians who happen to have insulin dependent diabetes.

Old 01-15-2023, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
My wife a sixty year duration diabetic recommends either the Libre 3 or the Dexcom 7 when it shortly becomes avallable. Both are the latest technology available.

The Libre 3 is the smallest and lasts the longest. It will last fourteen days. Its also supposed to be cheaper than the Dexcom 7 will be.

I am told the Dexcom 7 will work/interact with many diabetes insulin pumps if you are on one.

I can recommend TCYOD (Taking Care of Your Diabetes) website. It has a section called "library" that discusses the merits of various CGMs. It also has a lot of good information about diabetes generally that is given by a number of physicians who happen to have insulin dependent diabetes.
Thanks for the website recommendation. I have only had the Libre 3 for a few days and couldn't say enough great things about it.

Old 07-23-2023, 05:31 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I recently upgraded to the Dexcom G7. It uses both the iphone app (if desired) and the included receiver.

I do have the app, which was fortunate because after three weeks the receiver quit working. I called Dexcom and they sent out a new one, with me sending back the old one so they could examine it.

The sensor (the part you attach to your body for ten days) is small and problematic. It does not stick well to your body, so with each sensor you also get an overlay adhesive patch to apply.

As they recommended, I applied the sensor to my underarm area (hold up your elbow to the mirror, and stick to the area hanging down).

While Dexcom says the adhesive patch is waterproof, it is not sweat-proof. The sensor fell off after four days while working in this heat.

i abandoned the underarm area, and started sticking it to my abdomen (the instructions say that if you had formerly stuck the G6 to the abdomen, then use your arm; they did not explain why). The abdomen works well.

I bought, on Amazon, a third market adhesive patch, which works better than the Dexcom patch. However, in this heat, after five days it began to loosen, so I put another patch over it. Then, a day or two later, I applied a large adhesive patch that covers the whole thing. Nevertheless, last night, on the cusp of the tenth day, the underlying sensor came off.

Things I like about the G7: quick warm-up of 25 minutes (versus two hours for the G6). It also seems to become more accurate quicker (sometimes the G6 was worthless for the first day, spiking up and down).

For the G6 I also had the Clarity app on my phone. I did not have to do anything for the Clarity app to begin utilizing the information from G7 (although it took one ten-day cycle for it to begin working). Plus, the G7 app has the Clarity app included on it, so I really don't need to open the Clarity app.

If you upgrade to G7, get the third-market adhesive patch. No doubt, when cooler weather hits, it will stay on better.

Old 07-24-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recently upgraded to the Dexcom G7. It uses both the iphone app (if desired) and the included receiver.

I do have the app, which was fortunate because after three weeks the receiver quit working. I called Dexcom and they sent out a new one, with me sending back the old one so they could examine it.

The sensor (the part you attach to your body for ten days) is small and problematic. It does not stick well to your body, so with each sensor you also get an overlay adhesive patch to apply.

As they recommended, I applied the sensor to my underarm area (hold up your elbow to the mirror, and stick to the area hanging down).

While Dexcom says the adhesive patch is waterproof, it is not sweat-proof. The sensor fell off after four days while working in this heat.

i abandoned the underarm area, and started sticking it to my abdomen (the instructions say that if you had formerly stuck the G6 to the abdomen, then use your arm; they did not explain why). The abdomen works well.

I bought, on Amazon, a third market adhesive patch, which works better than the Dexcom patch. However, in this heat, after five days it began to loosen, so I put another patch over it. Then, a day or two later, I applied a large adhesive patch that covers the whole thing. Nevertheless, last night, on the cusp of the tenth day, the underlying sensor came off.

Things I like about the G7: quick warm-up of 25 minutes (versus two hours for the G6). It also seems to become more accurate quicker (sometimes the G6 was worthless for the first day, spiking up and down).

For the G6 I also had the Clarity app on my phone. I did not have to do anything for the Clarity app to begin utilizing the information from G7 (although it took one ten-day cycle for it to begin working). Plus, the G7 app has the Clarity app included on it, so I really don't need to open the Clarity app.

If you upgrade to G7, get the third-market adhesive patch. No doubt, when cooler weather hits, it will stay on better.
Thanks for posting your experience.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:19 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Another update.

I'm not a shill. But I bought this adhesive patch from Amazon, and it has worked great:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3CHS3D9...t_details&th=1

Not only am I able to shower with it on, but get in my pool twice, both times with the chlorine levels very high (my pool insists on being green, despite my attempts to cure).

It is a vastly superior patch than what comes with the Dexcom G7. Or, with the first patch I mentioned above.

This is a very serious matter. If your Dexcom device comes loose, then that it the end of it's life, and you must replace it. I get my Dexcom G7 devices from a company that accepts Medicare, but won't mail you prescription early (it is a three month prescription, or, nine Dexcom devices).

My warning: if you go for Dexcom, get the best adhesive patches you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes