Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 AM

42,037 posts, read 75,470,595 times

Advertisements

True ... tightening your abs, tucking your sit bones under your spine, keeping your back straight and keeping your shoulders back is a pretty good way to instantly improve your appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM

548 posts, read 1,482,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Dear all, I had been searching for some exercise routines which can be done while sitting in office but didnt specifically find one here. So please bear with me if I am repeating an old thread.

Little back ground: I start my work at 7:45 in the morning (for which I have to wake up at least at 4:45 to be at work on time...long travel). Since then, my work keeps me really busy until I leave work at 3:45. I walk back to the train station, 2.5 km in 20 minutes. my BMI is in the normal range and I am not over weight.

BUT, the main problem is my tummy. I look like I am 4 months pregnant But other parts like hands and legs are perfectly fine and look toned.

Now, my question is: is there any exercise I can do while I sit at work to get the muscles tightened in tummy? PLEASE! Help me. I want to give some exercise to my tummy while I am working. Please. Thank you!
That is a really long work day. I truly feel for you. My husband is also gone 12 hours/day for work. As much as he was resistant to it, he came to realize that the only way to stay in shape is to workout in the evenings when he came home. If you're anything like him, all you want to do when you get home is relax, but if you really want to make your health a priority you need to exercise at home. An intense 20-30 minute workout just a few times a week would make a world of difference. You could start small and work up to this. Maybe do as many pushups as you can one day, then lunges the next, etc... You can do it!

P.S. The walking you're doing is great. One thing you could do is change into tennis shoes and jog/run as much as possible on the way home instead of walking.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,814,195 times
Can you take an excercise ball in? If so replace it with your chair for a little bit a couple of days, lift one leg and tighten your core. Then switch legs after so long. Sounds funny, but it does help.
About twice a week I put my laptop on a tv tray and sit on the excercise ball.

Granted, I have put on a few lbs because of issues and stress that I am currently going through, but when I stand up, my stomach is still almost flat, but when I sit down (and this discription I read somewhere not too long ago), I feel like Jabba the Hutt.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:46 PM

17,604 posts, read 16,739,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Can you take an excercise ball in? If so replace it with your chair for a little bit a couple of days, lift one leg and tighten your core. Then switch legs after so long. Sounds funny, but it does help.
About twice a week I put my laptop on a tv tray and sit on the excercise ball.

Granted, I have put on a few lbs because of issues and stress that I am currently going through, but when I stand up, my stomach is still almost flat, but when I sit down (and this discription I read somewhere not too long ago), I feel like Jabba the Hutt.
Lol, perfect description. I feel a bit like Jabba too these days - even when I'm standing up . But exercise is starting to pay off, so I can see a (very dim) light at the end of the tunnel....If I squint a little bit.

Why oh why are Jabba bellys so hard to lose??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss