Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 09:18 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times

Advertisements

I am 7 months postpartum. Will I lose any weight at all if just drink water instead of soda, juice? I've stopped drinking everything like sodas, juices except for coffee in the morning and water all day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Calorie wise speaking... 1 serving of juice/pop of 8-12oz (about 100 cals or more) can add up to 10 pounds a year.
P = 3500 = 3500 calories in a pound
(100cals x 365days) = 36500 ÷ P = 10.43 lbs a year

Thats the first thing I actually did when I started to lose and it took of 15. Some water weight from avoiding the sodium and sugar will come off too. I don't care if it was water weight. Water takes up a lot of room! LOL Its just better for your bones too. Start taking calcium while you are avoid the sugars/caffeine. They say its good for weight loss too.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I am 7 months postpartum. Will I lose any weight at all if just drink water instead of soda, juice? I've stopped drinking everything like sodas, juices except for coffee in the morning and water all day?
I've never been a soda drinker but I do love juice. If you are breastfeeding, I'd cut out the soda but not the juice as much, maybe cut down though.

If you're not breastfeeding, you should cut out all sugary drinks and empty calorie drinks, period. Drinking water is great for you. Your body is mostly made up of water. You can go about 40 days without eating but you can only go about 2 - 3 days without water before you would die.
Water is essential and I'm always making sure I drink plenty. Not only does it do wonders for your skin and hair but it helps get you through times where you feel a tinge of hunger by filling you up, although it's not a replacement for food.
Note though, you can actually drink TOO much water and get sick but in all my years of working in medical, I've only heard of it happening one time and the circumstances wouldn't be something the average person would be doing daily and, it happened to a nurse LOL

Not only is soda overall just not good for you, it's bad for your teeth as well just like all sugar drinks.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Breastfeeding also makes your body need more calories.

NutritionData BMI & Calories Burned Calculator

That calculator has pregnancy options broken down into phases plus the breastfeeding option.I thought you may like to look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss