Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 AM

68 posts, read 187,885 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Metabolic Research Weight Loss Program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM

610 posts, read 1,296,492 times
what type of weightloss research would not take up metabolism?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM

37,131 posts, read 41,338,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaRN View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Metabolic Research Weight Loss Program?
From the web site, it appears that they offer programs for which they sell supplements and they also have an HCG program. In my opinion, that really impairs their credibilty. If you used a diet based on sound nutrition and a regular exercise program with no supplements containing ingredients like "holy basil" and no HCG (it's expensive and does not work any better than placebo), it would be OK. The "hormone rebalancing" also sounds like a scam.

You could probably just get a consult with a nutritionist and work out an exercise program on your own or with a gym for a whole lot less money.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,241,947 times
My brother and a few of his co-workers (all past middle age, all 260-400 lbs) have been on the MRC's program since last February. None of them had ever used a supervised diet program before, all had the terrible eating habits (typical of high stress jobs and shift work). They have all been succesful in losing weight, improving their health and energy level and have been pleased with the program. I don't know much about it other than that.....I expect it's probably something you could do on your own if you were so inclined but many people don't have a clue where to start and the structure and support are important. I do know that some insurance companies will pay for the program at least in part.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:45 PM

10 posts, read 14,815 times
me it would give a metabolic boost. My limited online research about it has just brought... supposed to help with weight loss, but they are rather expensive

Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM

9 posts, read 53,734 times
Does anyone know anything about niacin's role in weight loss? Is that part of this kind of research?
--LGT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss