Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 PM

14 posts, read 16,879 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if any one had used Alli, and had any advice/concerns on using this. I was thinking of using this occasionally especially getting through this holiday season( I have lost 60 lbs and would like to maintain it! I do eat low fat 80% of the time and excercise 5 days a week for one hour. However, there are days where I do eat higher fat intake (tex mex resturent & weekends)so was thinking of using this pill only when I know I will be eating high fat food. However, wanted to know if any one had any experience with it. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,578,885 times
I have never used it but I understand that if you use it so you can eat fat there may be some very embarrassing consequences. How about eating all those great things in severe moderation?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:35 PM

502 posts, read 1,254,056 times
I work for the company that makes Alli, so I can purchase it at 1/2 price. Because of my employee discount, many friends and family have asked me to purchase it for them. I have not personally tried it, but this is what thy have told me:

They have all lost weight. Part of this is from the medicine and part is from eating healthily. I imagine that they would lose the same amount of weight eventually, but Alli helps them reach their goal faster.

Unlike other weight loss drugs, they have not experienced depression, insomnia, or headaches. But, gastrointestinal side effects can vary depending on the person and the food they eat. Definitely start the medicine over a weekend to see how it affects you (in case you have an accident).

You will get an unsightly orange ring in your toilet from your bowel movements. This might be embarrassing if you have guests over.

If you do purchase Alli, make sure to purchase it from a reliable company such as CVS, COSTCO, drugstore.com, etc. There is a lot of counterfeit Alli on the market, even from places such as Amazon. Sometimes the counterfeit Alli contains no active ingredients, and sometimes it contains an ingredient similar to amphetamines.

Good luck!

Fake Alli Sold on Internet

Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,208,745 times
Three words

Orange Poo Attack

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-19-2010, 09:55 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,911,186 times
no no no, BAD idea...
the idea behind alli is it prevents fat from absorbing...
you HAVE to follow a low fat diet when using allie because if you dont it will give you a wonderfull dumping syndrome...
bright greasy uncontrolable runs...
most people on alli actually carry a plastic bag and spare underware with them at all times because even 1 gram of fat above the reccomended amounts can cause a very unpredicatable upset stomach.
not to mention "greasy gass" (you fart and end up passing some greasy stool also)

you have to be able to stick to the diet plan that comes with alli, the reason alli works so well overall for the people that use it is it literally forces you to stick to a low fat diet at risk of yicky side effects.

for those that use it and stick to the diet, it works very well (though when you stop taking it if you dont continue to control your eating habits, like any other diet, you will gain it all back)
ive heard nothing but rave reveiws when people accept that "cheating" (consuming high fat and high suggar foods) is going to cause some gastrointestinal distress...
i know one woman who lost almost 100lbs on it, her first month was bad, it took her that long to figure out the diet and get realy on the right track, and she almost gave up because she found herself not wanting to leave the hosue for fear of accident...but when she got on track with the reccomended diet and got herself in motion with excersize the weight slowly came off and she ended up loosing on average about a lb a week over the first year, slowed down a little after that and took her almost 3 years to loose the full 100lbs, but she did it!

for what your describing id say alli is not a good choice.

youve lost 60lbs with diet and excersize, my suggestion to keep the weight off would just be continue to eat healthy (the odd high fat or sugary treat isnt going to hurt you as long as you do the extra work to burn it off the next day) and keep track of your calories.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM

53 posts, read 145,061 times
NO! why would you want your body to not absorb fat? do you know how useful fat is to the body?

Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 AM

131 posts, read 209,689 times
Here's a radical solution:

pay close attention to what you eat, cook it yourself, and exercise

Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,504,410 times
I tried Alli this past week as my daughter-en-law gave me some of her pills. I didn't experience anything mentioned as having to be close to a bathroom etc for fear of what this pill does. I am not sure of what diet plan goes with this pill, but I always eat a low fat, low carb diet. I have noticed I am not as hungry but I am not sure if that is because of the pill or because I am just not too hungry because I have been exercising more the past couple weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else had success with it.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:45 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,852,465 times
Oily anal discharge is not a good thing to have.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:01 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,867,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Oily anal discharge is not a good thing to have.
Well they do make it -very- clear that you will experience all kinds of unpleasant side effects if you don't follow the proscribed diet. Since Chickrae is already following it (by eating low-fat) she is not likely to experience many - or possibly any - side effects. The more fats you consume, the more severe the consequences.

I didn't even realizes it was still on the market. I had just assumed it died due to lack of interest. Haven't seen any ads for it, haven't seen it displayed prominently like it was when it first came out.

Last edited by AnonChick; 05-22-2013 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: misspelled Chickrae - sorry! All fixed :)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss