Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 AM

93 posts, read 685,733 times

Advertisements

There are thousands of complaints on line of Weight Watchers ripping off people. Be careful, how you sign up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 AM

194 posts, read 1,028,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
There are thousands of complaints on line of Weight Watchers ripping off people. Be careful, how you sign up.
And there are thousands more positive reviews. Nothing in life is 100% I guess.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:22 PM

Well they ripped us off. They won't even respond to e-mails. They just suddenly stopped having meetings here and deducted money from bank accounts anyway.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 AM

194 posts, read 1,028,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Well they ripped us off. They won't even respond to e-mails. They just suddenly stopped having meetings here and deducted money from bank accounts anyway.
I'm not sure how it works with meetings and leaders but did you call them?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 PM

They don't list any phone numbers here and you can't get a human on the 800 number.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Been reading on line, where they are offering a free trial and then charging $60. for it. Then when they get complaints, they keep $46. as a "service charge." They charged us $80. and then cancelled the meetings. I have e-mailed them numerous times and can get no response.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:32 PM

270 posts, read 487,987 times
For those of you who have done weight watchers, I could use some help! I'm going to try WW for the first time, but I don't have money to actually join. I have downloaded an app on my phone to track my points, and figured out how many points I need/day...but my problem is the point values for foods! So for those of you that have done WW, do you carry around a book with the points listed and another book to log the points you've eaten? The app that I've found lets you put in the dietary information from food labels, but that requires having a food label with you

Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Why not just go back and join? It isn't that expensive, the program has changed significantly since so many scientific discoveries have been made about diet and weight loss, and the tools available are great.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM

If you join, just do not sign up for direct draw from your bank account. That is how they took us.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM

766 posts, read 1,657,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
For those of you who have done weight watchers, I could use some help! I'm going to try WW for the first time, but I don't have money to actually join. I have downloaded an app on my phone to track my points, and figured out how many points I need/day...but my problem is the point values for foods! So for those of you that have done WW, do you carry around a book with the points listed and another book to log the points you've eaten? The app that I've found lets you put in the dietary information from food labels, but that requires having a food label with you
I would really suggest joining too. It's cheaper to pay monthly, but if you can't afford that maybe go every other week. I tried it online about 6 or 7 years ago and didn't do very good with it alone. I have been doing it for the last 2 months very successfully.

You really need the book or access to the online information. I use both. I keep the book with me at all times.

You can find a lot of stuff online though, but all of it may not be accurate.

I know how it is though. I really don't want to pay either, but it's helpful and honestly I think it's worth the money. Well maybe it could be a little less.

I wanted to suggest a good website I found too called Skinnytaste. There are tons of great WW friendly recipes. It's a blog. I am trying at least a couple new recipes a week and it gives the Points Plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss