Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,770 times

Advertisements

I too have been looking the new points system isn't working at all for me, I like the quick start menu plans and they gave you I think 5 week menus , I lost no problem. any help would be appreciated, please private message me if you have this information. I thank you all in advance
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,440 times
Default i found mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallymoonchild View Post
Just found this forum, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes...

I have been looking for an old WW plan I used 30 years ago.....and have found the answer already on this site.... it was along the lines of 2 milk, 3 fat, 4 protein, 3 veg, 3 fruit etc....plus optional calories of between 150 and 350 per week.....

What I wanted to say is that years ago, after this plan came out, I saw another diet programme and it seemed to have 'pinched' this diet, but transferred the proteins/carbs/fats/veg/fruit/milk into coloured card squares, which you simply took out of one side of a pack, and placed into the other side when you had eaten ...... at the end of the day you knew what you had, and what you had left.....

I thought this was brilliantly simple and thought of doing it again...... milk would be 2 blue squared cards......veg was 3 green......fruit was 3 orange......fat was two yellow.......bread was 3 brown (carbs).......and protein was 4 red ......

Can I finish by saying I agree with another poster who pointed out that so many of us want to refer back to this simple plan, and others mentioned.......so why on earth don't WW pick up on this and maybe reproduce maybe 5 of these previous diets one year, and we could pick the one which suited us best.... x
I found my booklets are you still looking for them?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cutlass View Post
I found my booklets are you still looking for them?
The person you're asking posted their request in January of the year 2009. That was 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure that she's either found the books, has stopped trying to find the books, or wasn't really ever trying to find the books in the first place and was instead just trying to get people to give up their e-mail addresses so she could phish their account and send it virii.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,412 times
Here's an idea Fuerza - why don't you try signing up to Weightwatchers and accessing all of their menu plans, guidance and advice by being a member, instead of expecting everyone else to do the leg work for you?!

Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 AM

145 posts, read 186,126 times
Here's a better idea.

Forget weight watchers because it is a worthless program.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post
Here's a better idea.

Forget weight watchers because it is a worthless program.
What are you basing this on? Serious question.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:21 AM

145 posts, read 186,126 times
It's an expensive program and nearly everyone gains their weight back and more within five years.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post
It's an expensive program and nearly everyone gains their weight back and more within five years.
It's $20 per month, and is a long-term program, not a diet. There are no special foods or supplements you have to take (though they have snack bars and some frozen stuff in the supermarkets, if you're into that). They have other stuff, scales and cookbooks and pedometers and whatever else, but none of them are part of your program and you never have to buy any of them.

Most people gain within any given 5-year period. Especially young adults who shift into full adults, full adults who become middle-aged, and middle-aged adults who become elderly. Has nothing to do with dieting, it has to do with the aging process. Most people who have never been on a diet, never needed to diet, and eat healthy - gain weight several times in their lives.

Weight Watchers is inexpensive as far as programs go, and has proven success rates.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
FYI to people who are sincerely trying to help these people:

Notice this thread is old. This, and another thread, have attracted "one-shot-wonders" who post only to scam people into e-mailing them (they ask for copies of the original WW menu). Once you e-mail them, they have your e-mail address, and then within a week your in-box is loaded with spam.

Please don't respond to one-shot-wonders asking for copies and recipes of weight-watchers copyrighted material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuerza View Post
I'm looking for the Weight Watchers Quick Start daily planned menus, plans, lists, charts, etc. for my mother as she lost them when we moved years ago.

If anyone could be so kind to share yours with me, I would greatly appreciate it. Private message me your email address and I will respond. Thanks...

PS: No smarmy suggestions like "Go google it" or "Amazon has it". I'm looking for those that are willing to share. I don't order things online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallymoonchild View Post
Just found this forum, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFhubbart View Post
I am interested in the two week menus and any other information you have for this diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradytucker View Post
Were you able to locate the full Quick Start (super Start) plan? I too had much success with the plan but have lost the book
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHPIH View Post
If you have weight watchers quick start program weeks one and two if you could email me them i would really appreciate it i lost alot of weight with this program but i to have lost the book thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHPIH View Post
If you have weeks one and two in the super start program could you explain the foods and amounts I to lost my books and really want the super start Booklet. I to lost alot of weight with it thanks
Ooh, a two hit wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkchik View Post
Barb, I to lost all the weight I wanted back in 1993 and don't like the new program. I have the yellow superstart booklet and weeks 2-4. I however am missing week 1 booklet. I would be willing to share the booklets I have if you can send me a copy of week 1.
Appropriate username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliegirl2112 View Post
I too have been looking the new points system isn't working at all for me, I like the quick start menu plans and they gave you I think 5 week menus , I lost no problem. any help would be appreciated, please private message me if you have this information. I thank you all in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliegirl2112 View Post
70 cutless, Yes I am is there anyway you can send? blahblahblah at hotmail dot com , Thanks

Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Weight Watchers is a dandy program. I've had success with the program, my wife has had success with the program. Those who claim that you gain your weight back forget one major, by major I mean huge thing, that is you can't revert back to the eating and activities you did before weight loss and eating the same things and amounts that caused you to gain. To blame any program for that is ignorance. To say it doesn't work isn't the plans failure, it is the failure of the one making the claim.

It is common sense that is lost on some, wait, many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss