Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,720 times

Advertisements

Old Barb, would you mind sharing the weeks 1 and 2 that you have of the WW program which was Super Start or Quick Start or something along those lines? I was actually able to follow the plan and lose weight but unfortunately after several moves, I have misplaced my booklets. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM

3 posts, read 7,737 times
Default SuperStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBarb View Post
I'm looking for this program (I think) as well. I used it with great success back in 1993 (lost almost 80 pounds). Afterwards, I thought I'd never gain it back and threw my program book away. Here we are 17 years later and all that weight is back. I tried the Points Program about 10 years ago and hated it. I didn't lose anything in 5-6 weeks.

I do have a copy of the SuperStart portion of the program that I was in with Weight Watchers in 1993 (weeks 1 and 2), but that's it. I'd like weeks 3 out if anyone has a copy of the program guides, etc. that they'd like to share. I don't know how this forum works, but I'd be happy to share what I have of this program - 19 pages.

Hi! I'm trying to find a recipe that was in the little yellow SuperStart booklet from WW. The chicken cacciatore. Do you have that booklet or recipe? I know this post is old but hopefully you'll still see this! Thanks!
Ramona

Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cutlass View Post
I found my booklets are you still looking for them?
i have been looking for a copy of them. if you still have them.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Yes! Is it the little yellow booklet?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:38 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonals View Post
Hi! I'm trying to find a recipe that was in the little yellow SuperStart booklet from WW. The chicken cacciatore. Do you have that booklet or recipe? I know this post is old but hopefully you'll still see this! Thanks!
Ramona
Old Barb wrote the post you're responding to in 2011, and has never posted since (or before). Unlike you, she was one of the MANY "one-post wonders" in this thread. This thread exists, because no one can be bothered to shut it down. It's for one-post-wonders to try and get people to give them their e-mail addresses. Once they have the e-mail address, it gets put on a list, and sold to advertisers, who then flood your e-mail with spam and virii and malware.

If you truly want an old copy of an out-of-print but copyrighted booklet that has been since improved by the people who wrote it, then you'll get in touch with the people who wrote it and offer to PAY for it.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:39 AM

9 posts, read 10,078 times
Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
i wasnt aware of those
these ones truly sum things up for me

Old 05-09-2014, 04:35 AM

Anon Chick...Your reply seems a little condencending, but giving you the benefit of a doubt. I'm not trying to get something for nothing as you seem to assume. I used to have this booklet. It's not and never was available for purchase. It was a booklet that came with a paid membership, which is how I recieved it in the first place. It is no longer offered by the company that used it. But, thaanks so much for adding to my most wonderful day with your "oh so helpful" attitude.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonals View Post
Anon Chick...Your reply seems a little condencending, but giving you the benefit of a doubt. I'm not trying to get something for nothing as you seem to assume. I used to have this booklet. It's not and never was available for purchase. It was a booklet that came with a paid membership, which is how I recieved it in the first place. It is no longer offered by the company that used it. But, thaanks so much for adding to my most wonderful day with your "oh so helpful" attitude.
I guess you didn't quite get the point I was making.

Old Barb posted because Old Barb was trying to scam people. If you read the rest of this thread, you'll see a dozen or more OTHER people all saying approximately the same thing:

"I'm looking for this thing, please e-mail me with the info."

Or the inverse:

"I have this thing available, please give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you."

They are ALL trying to scam people. Old Barb only posted once, in 2011. There's no reason why anyone would think that Old Barb is still reading this forum. Old Barb was the human equivalent of a bot.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:53 AM

3 posts, read 13,731 times
I have the booklets still.
I don't want to part with them for the obvious reason that I have started using them again, and anyway I don't have a scanner.
It works for me every time, but I'm a poor 'maintenance' person and always fall by the wayside and put the weight back on again.
I could photocopy them if this would help but of course there would be no colour coded boxes.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:58 AM

3 posts, read 13,731 times
FURTHER TO MY LAST MESSAGE, although my name is similar - I have nothing to do with OldBarb who was apparantly a Bot. I'm a real person living in N England with a husband and family and a weight problem. These are my first postings on this site and I'm not sure yet of the rules and etiquette, and I do genuinely have these booklets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss