Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

That's a good deal. I lost weight just thinking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallymoonchild View Post
Just found this forum, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes...

I have been looking for an old WW plan I used 30 years ago.....and have found the answer already on this site.... it was along the lines of 2 milk, 3 fat, 4 protein, 3 veg, 3 fruit etc....plus optional calories of between 150 and 350 per week.....

What I wanted to say is that years ago, after this plan came out, I saw another diet programme and it seemed to have 'pinched' this diet, but transferred the proteins/carbs/fats/veg/fruit/milk into coloured card squares, which you simply took out of one side of a pack, and placed into the other side when you had eaten ...... at the end of the day you knew what you had, and what you had left.....

I thought this was brilliantly simple and thought of doing it again...... milk would be 2 blue squared cards......veg was 3 green......fruit was 3 orange......fat was two yellow.......bread was 3 brown (carbs).......and protein was 4 red ......

Can I finish by saying I agree with another poster who pointed out that so many of us want to refer back to this simple plan, and others mentioned.......so why on earth don't WW pick up on this and maybe reproduce maybe 5 of these previous diets one year, and we could pick the one which suited us best.... x

I think you are referring to Richard Simmon's Plan; there was a folder with all your cards for the day. After you ate a serving of a food group you moved the card to the other side of the folder and at the end of the day you saw what you had left to eat. I liked that alot. Hear that Weisht Watchers!!

Old 09-07-2014, 05:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,470 times
WW Basic Food Plan for Women (Exchange Program)
2 Milk (90 Cal: Non-Fat) = 180 cal
3 Fat (40 Cal: 1 tsp oil) = 120 cal
2 Fruit (60 Cal: 1/2 apple) = 120 cal
4 Protein (70 cal: 1 egg) = 280 cal
5 Bread (80 cal: 1 slice reg bread) = 400 cal
3-6 servings green, non-starchy veggies
2 Floaters (up to 90 cal - no add'l fat) = 180 cal
100 Opt cal/day (this is where you could add the fat) = 100 cal
8-10 glasses of water (diet soda can count for 4 of the 8)

Squash/Pumpkin/Popcorn count as a starch/bread.
Beans and peas (seeds) can either be counted as a bread or protein.
Lite bread (40 cal/slice) lets you have 2 slices per 1 bread exchange

If you are (as my old leader said) a "50-year-old teenager", you will need to have 3 Milk and 1 Floater.

Total Calories:
1100 Basic Program w/out floaters and optional calories
1280 with both floaters
1380 with optional

I made myself promise to have a salad BEFORE every lunch and dinner. I didn't want to burn my fat allowance on salad dressing so this is my favorite creamy non-fat salad dressings is (I can't stand just vinegar):
CREAMY CUCUMBER DILL NON-FAT SALAD DRESSING
1/2 c Non-Fat Cottage Cheese (blend in the blender; it smooths it right out)
1/2 c Non-Fat Sour Cream
1-2 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped very fine (no stems, just fronds)
1/2-1 clove garlic, minced very fine
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cucumber, Peeled, Seeded (cut in half lengthwise, use bottom of spoon to scoop out seeds), diced small
fresh ground white pepper (if the black specs bother you)
salt to taste
Blend cottage cheese and sour cream in blender, add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Stir in the cucumber. (The blender will pulverize it and you will lose some of its taste)
Now put in those fresh avocado slices into your salad instead of olive oil dressing...tres elegant!

In order to get my veggies in, I would saute some diced onions and mushrooms in the oil in a non-stick pan and add these to the frozen fettucine and broccoli dinners; sometimes I would also add frozen prawns (heated). I'd also get bags of frozen french cut green beans and put the WW Veggie Lasagna on top of the reheated string beans. I'd put most of my frozen dinners on top of the frozen green beans in fact. Anything to not have to eat 3 gallons of salad each day.

I would do a weekly total average per day since I would eat 1100 calories some days and 1450 others. I walked 3 days/week.

Just as an aside, if I drank the 8 glasses of water a day, I lost 1/2 lb/wk; 10 cups of water/day = 3/4 lb/wk;
12 cups/day = 1.5 lb/wk. I have to get up every 4 hours at night as a result; don't get to sleep through the night doing this. But the extra water will really flush toxins and fats and really accelerate your weight loss.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 AM

38 posts, read 79,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cutlass View Post
I found my booklets are you still looking for them?
I am not the OP, but I am also looking for these booklets. I've tried Ebay and Amazon but have had no luck. I found and purchased the cookbook, but haven't received it yet. I'd love to have the tracking books as well. Is that what you are referring to?

And even though I have no way to prove it, I'm not a spammer. If you want to put them up on Ebay and post the link, I'll buy them from you there.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:43 AM

@sfsourdoughnut,

What year did you start this plan? I started in January of 1993. I think my plan was called Quick Success (but I'm not sure), and I remember it a little differently from what you posted. I'm pretty sure we had 3 milks, 6 proteins and 3 breads. The extra calories were a weekly allotment. You also bank extra exchanges for a weekend splurge. I don't remember how the floaters worked at all. I ordered a used copy of the Quick Success book on Amazon - I'm just hoping I ordered the right one.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I guess you didn't quite get the point I was making.

Old Barb posted because Old Barb was trying to scam people. If you read the rest of this thread, you'll see a dozen or more OTHER people all saying approximately the same thing:

"I'm looking for this thing, please e-mail me with the info."

Or the inverse:

"I have this thing available, please give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you."

They are ALL trying to scam people. Old Barb only posted once, in 2011. There's no reason why anyone would think that Old Barb is still reading this forum. Old Barb was the human equivalent of a bot.
I'm going to second the sentiments posted by ramonals. I am also looking for these older materials. Weight Watchers does not sell them. They are not on Ebay. They are not on Amazon. So I, along with many other people, are trying to find them in other ways.

You have explained your "spammer" theory several times. You think there is something fishy going on. We get it. You made your point. Maybe the OP was a spammer, but she is long gone. That doesn't mean that some of us are not legitimately trying to find these materials. Can you please leave us alone and let us do that?

Old 10-04-2014, 01:33 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
It's not a theory. It's a legendary internet phenomenon. If you want to buy/sell a diet book, try Craiglist, where the purchase, sale, trade, barter, and freebie of goods and services are welcome.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It's not a theory. It's a legendary internet phenomenon. If you want to buy/sell a diet book, try Craiglist, where the purchase, sale, trade, barter, and freebie of goods and services are welcome.
I've read and re-read the forum rules and I see nothing there that prohibits the kind of discussion that we were having. Perhaps I missed it. Can you send me a link?

Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,772 times
Default weight watchers..

Shagran64 can you pleaae help me? I am looking for Weight Watchers sheeet from the mid 80s, the one that told the amount of dairy, fats, water, protein etc allowed in a days time.. but it was for the week, and you could write in what you had for each meal... any idea where I could find it? I lost like 40 lbs on it.. it was so easy. Thanks.. Aleahh

Old 10-09-2015, 07:54 PM

After a lot of digging, I finally found the "Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics" from 1994. That's the oldest thing I have. Here is the basic food plan for women.

Per day:
2 Milk
3 Fat
2 Fruit
3+ Veg
4 protein
5 Bread

Does that help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss