Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:53 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times

Advertisements

Jay Cutler, Mr. Olympia, follows blood type diet principles:

Bodybuilding.com - Jay Cutler's Top 5 Mass-Building Meals For Incredible Growth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Wow, just read this whole thread. Lots of snark.

Dr. Oz has said he feels much better when he follows the Blood Type Diet, and worse when he doesn't.

He thinks the next step from the Blood Type/Genotype diets are diets that are defined by individual genetic testing.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
...but according to the blood type scam website, people who are blood type A should AVOID meat, and ENCOURAGE grain....
I am a type A negative. If I were to follow this ridiculous advice to avoid meat and eat grains, I would be as big as a house. I do MUCH better on low carb/high protein diets than I do on high carb diets. I eat carbs, I gain weight. I eat protein, I stay slim.

I read the site...it's total garbage. I agree with AnonChick.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:26 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Wow, just read this whole thread. Lots of snark.

Dr. Oz has said he feels much better when he follows the Blood Type Diet, and worse when he doesn't.

He thinks the next step from the Blood Type/Genotype diets are diets that are defined by individual genetic testing.
Dr. Oz says a lot of things. Most of them are soundbites for the media. Here's one right off his website:

Quote:
Thou shalt not eat meat that walks on four legs more than once a week.
So much for type Os who have to eat meats all the time. All they get to eat then, is chickens and turkeys and hens and other assorted birds. And fish. No beef, no lamb, no pig, none of that, except once per week.

He also advertises and supports Dr. Weil's ultimate diet, which has fruits and vegetables being the -primary- foods, beans, pasta, and whole grains being next on the list, healthy fats such as nuts and nut oil products being third, and so on and so forth, with "other proteins" being the only reference to red meat at all, WAYYYY up at the top where it's a very small portion of a healthy daily diet.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM

Enough! Peter D'Adamo says blood type As TOLERATE grains like wheat better than Os and from all I've read on this board this is true. He does not tell blood type As to eat tons of grains; there are a lot of As on the btd who eat low carb.

How many As on here are grain free? If so how long and how is that working out for you? Going grain free is very common amongst those doing the blood type O diet.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Enough! Peter D'Adamo says blood type As TOLERATE grains like wheat better than Os and from all I've read on this board this is true.
And where is the science to back up these claims?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It's on the website, where for $49.95 you can buy the book that tells you all about it, and take these supplements (for an additional fee) and join a membership to blog your success and get personal support from a personal trainer who you will never EVER have any actual personal interaction with (for an additional fee)...

in short, the scientific backup doesn't really exist. That's the "too long didn't read" version.

Send me my $149.95 now please, that's your total bill for the information.

Love,
Anon (the expert on nutrition according to 2 independent websites) Chick

Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Do you feel ok when you have a sandwich on wheat bread? Have you ever reduced or elminated wheat entirely, for health reasons?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Do you feel ok when you have a sandwich on wheat bread? Have you ever reduced or elminated wheat entirely, for health reasons?
I didn't ask for personal testimony. I asked for legitimate science. Preferably a controlled study that is peer reviewed and referenced in PubMed.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I didn't ask for personal testimony. I asked for legitimate science. Preferably a controlled study that is peer reviewed and referenced in PubMed.
Just answer the question. Do you tolerate a wheat sandwich? Have you ever greatly reduced or eliminated grains? Many Os do this naturally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss