Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM

14,565 posts, read 23,092,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Just answer the question. Do you tolerate a wheat sandwich? Have you ever greatly reduced or eliminated grains? Many Os do this naturally.
Answering your question would not get us scientific support for the blood type diet, thus it is irrelevant.

Again, let's see some scientific support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 02:25 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,255,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Okay, so far, folks here not going for it. Anyone following the diet???? I'm trying it. It's interesting that the vegies I'm supposed to avoid are the ones that always bothered me anyhow. I'm supposed to avoid meat (never craved it) but fish is okay (can't live without sushi and feel fantastic after eating it.) Following this diet seems to work for me--could be coincidental.
I'm type A and have followed it for years. I don't do it to lose weight, but for digestive purposes. Before reading a book about it, I had already figured out that I don't digest beef. Once I figured that out on my own and stopped eating beef, I was doing much better. That's why I think there may be something to this, so I went vegetarian, but do eat fish occasionally. Much of what the diet says I should be eating is what I'm naturally attracted to anyway. I never cared much for meat anyway.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:33 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,816,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm type A and have followed it for years. I don't do it to lose weight, but for digestive purposes. Before reading a book about it, I had already figured out that I don't digest beef. Once I figured that out on my own and stopped eating beef, I was doing much better. That's why I think there may be something to this, so I went vegetarian, but do eat fish occasionally. Much of what the diet says I should be eating is what I'm naturally attracted to anyway. I never cared much for meat anyway.
If you have digestive problems, they're not the result of your blood type. Blood type does -not- affect your digestive system. At all. In any way, shape, or form. The fact that there are millions of Type A people who are not overweight, who CAN digest meat just fine, and have no digestive disorders, is proof that your eating habits are helping your digestive system because you have problems with your digestive system, and not any relational issue with your blood type.

In other words, you were already eating however it is you eat, and found a diet that fits what you're already doing.

Someone who loves grapefruits, who has no weight problem, could just as easily claim they're on the grapefruit diet and they are proof that it works.

Or, I can say that because I've lost 15 pounds in the last 3 months and have been drinking twice as much water as usual, it's proof that water makes you lose weight.

The fact is though, I've lost weight by eating more appropriately for someone who wants to be -healthy- (as opposed to someone wanting to be skinny), joining a gym and going to it at -least- 3x weekly for strength training and cardio, by getting a job requiring that I get off my butt and move for several hours a day, and by riding my bicycle every nice day we have. Now, I could probably plug those attributes into google and it'll spit me out a diet that fits the criteria. But I can assure you, there is no diet on Google that's causing me to lose weight. I am causing me to lose weight, by making healthier choices, period.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 PM

206 posts, read 574,549 times
My nutritionist is a big advocate of this diet. It might sound whacky to some...but a lot of people have great success with it. My problem is that I am a type A yet I do better when I am Gluten Free. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
thanks

Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,816,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeebe View Post
My nutritionist is a big advocate of this diet. It might sound whacky to some...but a lot of people have great success with it. My problem is that I am a type A yet I do better when I am Gluten Free. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
thanks
My thoughts are that your situation proves that the blood type diet is just a scam. The diet revolves around an entire theory, that different blood types are the root cause of certain illnesses and disease. If you truly respond better gluten-free, then you can't possibly be that blood type - according to that diet. Because - that symptom is ONLY evident in some OTHER blood type.

That is why this "diet" is such a catastrophic failure; because its base is flawed, and everything comes out of the flawed base. Any success in results will be random, and have nothing to do with any kind of validity of the diet's premise.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:09 AM

I miss Lemon&Lime. She was so much fun to kick around.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,530,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
My thoughts are that your situation proves that the blood type diet is just a scam. The diet revolves around an entire theory, that different blood types are the root cause of certain illnesses and disease. If you truly respond better gluten-free, then you can't possibly be that blood type - according to that diet. Because - that symptom is ONLY evident in some OTHER blood type.

That is why this "diet" is such a catastrophic failure; because its base is flawed, and everything comes out of the flawed base. Any success in results will be random, and have nothing to do with any kind of validity of the diet's premise.
correct again its a scam.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,817,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm not a believer in this type of diet but I did read once that type A's don't produce as much stomach acid as other types and that certainly is the case with me. There are days when I just can't eat beef at all. And yes auntbeebe, it does sound whacky to me but I know some who claim great success with it.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm not a believer in this type of diet but I did read once that type A's don't produce as much stomach acid as other types and that certainly is the case with me.
How did you verify this?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,817,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How did you verify this?
Because when I eat certain protein foods, esp red meat (and pork is red meat) I have real problems digesting it unless I take digestive enzymes. Some people simply do not produce enough stomach acid though usually I'm fine, but then I don't eat a lot of red meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss